Really Need Help

alex.t

ok so i thought my issue was a relearn but it isnt, and in the back of my mind i sorta saw it coming cus the truck is suppose to start then quickly die usually when doing a relearn. the relearn is complete its unlocked now but still the same issue, wont crank over. just turns once really quick then stops. no clue what the hell is going on?

ya its not like a normal crank though, it just like the engine turns once, not even a sound close to starting then stops. im thinking starter relay or ignition or sometin like that. im just searchin tryin to find someone with the same problem

swapped starer relay and ignition relay and still the same. so what do you guys think? this one got me stumped. the security light is still off so that went all good. i might try jumpin the starter over tomrow and see if that does anything.

ill see if i can get a vid up tonight

i put cables on it to and hooked it up to another truck so that would defeat that. plus i have a charger sitting on the battery also. its not the battery. its somtin else.

Check the power supply that runs from that battery to the starter!

i put cables on it to and hooked it up to another truck so that would defeat that. plus i have a charger sitting on the battery also. its not the battery. its somtin else.

No it will not defeat it, attempting to jump start through a bad battery will get you no where. Like I said, I had a similar issue 2 months ago when my stock battery took a crap, jump starting it would not work, had to replace the battery. Your battery may be on a charger and reading 12-14 volts, but if it has a bad cell, the starter won't get enough amperage to turn. Do yourself a favor and try another battery just to rule it out, going through the entire ignition system before ruling out the battery is just silly.......

If it were me, I would test the starter trigger wire(fat yellow) in the column. A bad ignition switch?

I know its a long shot.

I am thinking this also. :withstupid: Try another key in the ignition once.

Could also be a broken or corroded tach signal or crank position sensor wire. Or if you have a remote start, the bypass module might need reset, or it might be fried.

You can take your battery to a parts store and have them do a load test on it. This will tell you if you have a bad cell in the batt.