Bout To Spend Some Change On The Ss But Do I Need It?

Ruben525

Ok thanks for the info guys looks like I'm gonna order everything after work. Hey wickedowesix are you going to the meet? Your trucks clean wanna check it out ur intake tube is clean

Thanks man! No I am not going to the meet..

I agree except on the anti seize.Talk to any racer with aluminum heads and they will tell you to use anti seize or a few drops of oil.Aluminum threads strip and corrode much easier then iron threads.Just good practise.

I never ran anti seize on the plugs and never had issues removing them. Also never needed to use a removal tool with MSD wires (ever). Always used my hands and they came off with out issues.

The truck WILL go into closed loop operation with or without a tune. You will be fine.

I agree except on the anti seize.Talk to any racer with aluminum heads and they will tell you to use anti seize or a few drops of oil.Aluminum threads strip and corrode much easier then iron threads.Just good practise.

Yes aluminum threads are weaker than cast iron threads for sure. I still wont/don't use anti-seize on spark plugs though regardless of the head material, thats just me though. :thumbs:

Yes aluminum threads are weaker than cast iron threads for sure. I still wont/don't use anti-seize on spark plugs though regardless of the head material, thats just me though. :thumbs:

good to see you posting more holmes, still have the ss right ????

you should try to come out some time and stop being such a home fry.

im with you on this as well , never used antiseize in any of my builds, ive never had a problem either , most times i have a bit of oil to put on them , depending on your heads lsx motors use different plugs (taper thread or gasket ) ive been using the tapered all though the tfs heads can accept either.

I believe AC Delco has changed the part number from 41-985 to 41-110 if I remember correctly, or you can get an NGK 7164(Tr55iX) since they are virtually the same thing. Either the MSDs or Taylors are fine, it was the older Taylor wires that had issues which were corrected several years ago.....

I wish I could agree with you there Dan but I don't. I was running the Taylor 409 10.4mm wires on my truck and when we were putting the Procharger on 2 of the wires were melted to the core because the boots don't bend enough to get the wires away from the primaries and 4 of them the clip inside the boot pulled out and were left stuck on the plugs. I'd go with the MSDs just because of the better boot design, other than that there's nothing wrong with the Taylor "wires" themselves.

To the OP, g/l with your little mods you're doing and yes you will be fine with the 160* stat until you get it tuned, you may see a slight loss in MPG until then but nothing severe. :cheers:

Zach

I wish I could agree with you there Dan but I don't. I was running the Taylor 409 10.4mm wires on my truck and when we were putting the Procharger on 2 of the wires were melted to the core because the boots don't bend enough to get the wires away from the primaries and 4 of them the clip inside the boot pulled out and were left stuck on the plugs. I'd go with the MSDs just because of the better boot design, other than that there's nothing wrong with the Taylor "wires" themselves.

I haven't had any issues with my Taylors, they have been on the truck close to three years, had them off this past weekend and they were fine. I had issues with those MSD boots because they were so long, even bending the boot out of the way, they always found their way back to straight, and laid right up against the primaries. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.....

On a side note, is the Procharger install complete yet? We want sound clips!!!

I haven't had any issues with my Taylors, they have been on the truck close to three years, had them off this past weekend and they were fine. I had issues with those MSD boots because they were so long, even bending the boot out of the way, they always found their way back to straight, and laid right up against the primaries. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference.....

On a side note, is the Procharger install complete yet? We want sound clips!!!

well looks like we are having opposite luck with the plug wires, haha. yes the install is complete, i didnt know you guys were so interested in a sound clip. ill blow the dust off my camera and get something posted up tomorrow afternoon when i get off work!