Suspension Lift

rroutlaw

I know this is not something that is done a lot to SS trucks, but lowering the truck just isn't for me. I want to put something like a 3-4" lift kit on my SS. Would I be looking for kits that fit the silverado 1500 or are there SS specific kits/parts that I need to get to make this happen?

I know this is not something that is done a lot to SS trucks, but lowering the truck just isn't for me. I want to put something like a 3-4" lift kit on my SS. Would I be looking for kits that fit the silverado 1500 or are there SS specific kits/parts that I need to get to make this happen?

this is not to be done at all.

stock ride height or lowered al the only 2 acceptable heights for the beloved SS.

Is lifting an SS really that negatively looked upon? The idea of a lowered truck is just strange to me. I've had a lifter Jeep wrangler and a slammed BMW. Dropping a truck just seems weird to me after that. confused.gif Either way, I definitely need some kind of stronger shocks/suspension in the back for towing because my SS is definitely not being used as a show truck Chevy_anim.gif. Maybe some helper-airbags?

im not against the idea of a lifted sss if thats what the owner wants to do with his/her truck. would getting a regular silverado 1500 z71 and doing the cladding and bumper conversions be better? sure, but some people dont have that kind of money or time to spend with it nor do they want to dick around trying to scrape together all the cladding pieces. would i lift my own sss? no, but then again ive been through the lifted truck phase and id buy another one in the future but my sss will always be a road hugger :cheers: if you wanna lift your sss then go for it, i think they look pretty damn cool, just dont over do it with like a 12" lift, 6" at most and roll with it.

:pepsicheer: to lifting that thing up. The AWD is going to be nasty, it puts the Z-71's to shame with their 4x4. I have a catalog from Edelbrock, they have charts and everything for applications. Might want to call them for a magazine. Good luck lifting! :chevy:

edit-Ive also driven lowered bmws but when i first saw a lowered truck, I thought it was fugly (the svt lightning). When I saw the SS and the AWD package, it was mine.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Did you ever end up lifting your truck? I like the idea of getting some BF all or mud terrains and some thicker tires and maybe doing 3".

Nope never ended up doing the lift. I'm actually in the process of piecing together a 2/4 drop for it! After having the truck for a year and absolutly beating the piss out of it on the road, it hasnt skipped a beat! :peelout: (knock on wood :fingersx: ) Only thing I've had to change is a leaking waterpump. Interesting what a year can do to your previous notions about something eh? :thumbs: