SS Push Truck

LSR Mike

I assume you mean the "little truck" :D It's a Stock 2.4L EFI SOHC Mitsubishi 4G64. It goes 101 MPH. Class record is 120. This is it's first year so I'm ragging out the Chassis setup and benchmarking. I used to drive my Bro'-in-Law's 29 Roadster until he sold it. That's how I got hooked on the sport. We've got a Vette running 200MPH on the dirt. He just set a new record Sunday Car #128, Ed Van Scoy

No, the SS is the "Push Truck/Support Vehicle. I tow the little truckwith it. I'd have to put in a full roll cage, Fire supression system, driveshaft loop, ballistic transmission blanket, hood pins, remove the stock seats, diconnect the steering wheel lock, door locks, remove the winshield wipers, shield the fuel lines and a bunch of other stuff to pass Tech. with the SS. I does get some looks out there....

Don't know about that, we haven't had anyone seriously hurt since 2002. If you watch the show BIG, Wink Eller (the BIG guy in bib overalls, ponytail, and beard ) is our chief Motorcycle Tech. He has a Harley that does 150+

Actually I'm looking at a MAF Hack, SAFC and a Cam Kit. If I do the 4G63 DOHC Head swap, I get moved into Modified Class = higher record. and if I do the turbo, then the motor class is upped 2 notches. Then I'm competing with chevy 283/307's and ford 289/305's the record is up in the 180mph range. I'd rather do a complete swap to the SBC. Messing with a Gen 1 ECU is a pain in the A$$ and an aftermarket ECU is $1500. I can get drop in a fairly nice 283 :chevy: for the cost of making this 4 banger go fast.

It appears you know your mitsu's.

I liked the 29 rod better also, but I'm only 3 spots behind the new owner in points :D

Archived