Kumho Ecsta Stx

hawks

I have them in a 275/45/20 on my truck right now and I love them. They handle great. The only reason I have them off the truck right now is because I am getting ready to powder coat my rims. I cant wait to get them back on soon.

I have them in a 275/45/20 on my truck right now and I love them. They handle great. The only reason I have them off the truck right now is because I am getting ready to powder coat my rims. I cant wait to get them back on soon.

How long or how many miles do you have on them. Are they noisey?

Put 15K on the set I had, no real gripes with them other than the serrated sidewall, which loved to sling tire slime onto the side of the truck...They actually rode better than the Nitto 420's I have now, (my truck sits a lot, and the Nittos take a while to work out the flatspots) but they seem to be a lighter construction than the Nitto (which is a 305/50 vs. the STX which were 285/50s). All in all, not a bad tire.

Edited by O2 WS6 TA (see edit history)

I had mine about 3 1/2 years now with out real issues. mine tend to get flat spots in then when the temp gets over 100* if it sits for a while but goes away quickly. ride/ware good about 35- 40 psi. i got them new for free and when they need replacing, i'll probably get them again..

On my 2nd set now. Got 33,000 mi. out of the first set but I drive on gravel roads quite a bit which wears them out faster than all pavement. I think for the price, they are a good deal. They make a bit more noise than some of the others but it doesnt bother me (I also drive a Jeep TJ and an '84 Kawasaki KLR600 thumper) The SS is still much more quiet than anything else I have - thats what the sound system is for.

Have 25,000 miles on mine. They are 305/50/20 and are awesome. Great handling tires in any weather, even in snow I had no issues, but they really shine on dry pavement. As far as road noise, I never really notice the road noise because of the exhaust.