New Alarm/Remote Start

IBCNYA

I just got in my new alarm/remote start for my SS. Im pretty excited to get it installed. I finally decided on the Viper 791xv Responder. Its actually a great unit. It does everything security wise and starts my truck in the winter. Here in Anchorage these are a must. I dont know if you guys know but its pretty cold here in Alaska in the winter. I finally decided on this one after a co-worker of mine last year got one. She had asked me which start to get and at that time I was looking at the same unit. Viper has not upgraded it yet so the same one was still available this year. Well last week I called her over and had her move her Silverado out a few blocks where I park my SS. Its about 2.5-3 blocks over from our office building. I work on the 7th floor of our state building and have a straight shot at my truck from the window. I honestly didnt think it would start but it did. It fired right up first try. You guess it. I was sold. I went home and found a great buy and picked one up.

I highly recommend this if you are in the market for a great alarm and starter. Its 2 way and does just about everything. The LCD receiver is pretty slick to. Its small and very light even w/ battery.

The only thing I dont like about it is that the damn receiver is BLUE. :shakehead:

Check it out

Viper 791xv Alarm/Remote Start

I have just a remote start that interfaces with the factory keyless entry. It's made by CompuStar. It even turns the heated seats on in the winter. :thumbs:

The Viper 791xv does the same and rolls the window up and down depending on what you want. It also has the tilt alarm sensor. This means if the truck is tilted by say more than 3 degrees the alarm goes off.

Great unit.

It goes on in the morning. Im happy =)

• 1 month later...
The Viper 791xv does the same and rolls the window up and down depending on what you want. It also has the tilt alarm sensor. This means if the truck is tilted by say more than 3 degrees the alarm goes off.

Great unit.

It goes on in the morning. Im happy =)

I'm curious if you had any issues with the window control on that Viper 791XV install?

On mine, the passenger-side window had a lot of resistance on the roll-up, even at the highest resistance setting the WCM would stop rolling up from time to time. Had the dealer check wiring, voltage drop, motor, frame, track, etc. Ended up replacing the whole window motor assembly and that didn't fix it, so the next step is to replace the window track. The part is in, just haven't had time to drop it off to get the thing replaced.

PS: One thing in particular I like about the window control module on the Viper - it gives you one-touch roll-down AND roll-up.

Archived