Will These Fit On An '03 Sss?

juriha

Real simple question fellas, seller cant confirm if these will fit my truck...If they will I am most likely going to purchase these. So can anyone help me confirm if they will indeed fit, and if so are they worth it? Thanks.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=480421

Edited by GreenMtnSS (see edit history)

Thanks guys. Looks like Im picking them up...anything I should know or pointers to install? Ive done plenty of brake jobs before, but they were all stock replacements...

Edit: Directed at Mr. P since you have had this setup before, any help or advice would be appreciated. I also ordered the Russell 5 piece S/S braided brake lines to compliment...

Edited by GreenMtnSS (see edit history)

straight swap if you have done a brake service before, with the exception of the brakelines needed to be bleed... and take note that the seller mentions that those are not baer rotors, but SSBC.

I do know that the rotors are SSBC...but what difference would that make if they were the original Baer rotors?

Its a good kit man but like chpspecial said those are different rotors...I have the rotors through baer...dont know if there is a difference. Installed mine about a month ago along with steel braided lines. love them. Mr. P had helped me out with some advice in a previous thread but cant find it. Basically flush the whole brake system with new fluid. After a couple days I went through and bled the brakes again which made a big difference. Here are pics of them installed. Wish I woulda took some some detailed pics though. Its just off with the old on with the new. Really simple. Hope this helps.

post-19425-000367500 1301991334_thumb.jpg

post-19425-099644000 1301991368_thumb.jpg

You will find it a straight swap, Baer does well with their kit engineering. If you have aftermarket spindles (McGaughys) I did have to grind on mine to make clearance because of piss-poor casting of the spindles, but with the GM spindles I am sure you will have no clearance issues. DO invest in GOOD brake fluid, I prefer ATE but Motul is good fluid too, you need 2+ quarts to completely flush the system out, now is a good time to do it while you are taking everything apart.

One suggestion - since you are installing brake lines - and this is easier said than done, but I would suggest you do what you can to avoid letting the master cylinder go dry during the line swap. Here's an idea, get latex gloves and cut the fingers off them, for each line you disassemble, cap a latex 'finger' over the open-ended line and rubber-band it to prevent brake fluid from running out all over the floor and emptying the master cylinder & ABS unit, because if you let the master cylinder run dry then not only do you later have to bleed each caliper but also you will have to bench-bleed the master cylinder too, and pray all the air works its way out of the ABS unit...

Mr. P. :)

Ok. Thanks to everyone who replied. I will update once I recieve them and do the install. I'll try out the glove trick to Mr. P thanks.

Actually we need to thank gasemall, he's too modest to think he could teach anyone but I learned that trick from him!

Ordered Motul 5.1, no one locally could order ATE fluid...also wheel bearing went out so I just overnighted a Timken hub assembly...from what I have read Timken is a decent product, so now Tuesday morning will entail the drivers side hub and the Baer system...hopefully everything goes smoothly.