Will These Fit On An '03 Sss?

juriha

Finally got everything buttoned up. It was, like everyone said a straight swap and it went pretty well. The only issue: Once we put the wheels back on and took it off the jack stands, I got in to "test" them out. Put it in reverse and immediatley experinced an ear piercing squeal/squeak, like nails on a chalk board...Buddy and I were dumbfounded...the rotors cleared the brackets, what could be rubbing?! Well the C clips that "hold" the pads into the bracket have a flange that is bent down towards the rotor...they were just barely rubbing on the top of the rotor to cause the awful shreak. So of course we didnt have time to pull them all out so I had to drive the raging chipmunk for two days before we could fix it, ppl literally would stop and look as I was driving through town, thank god for tinted windows to hide my face! We simply took them all out and grinded the flange down and put them back in and I was good to go. My buddy is a huge corvette guy and he said a lot of the other corvette guys dont even use them...oh well. Big thanks to all who chimed in and gave me some pointers. Hope this can help someone else along the way. :chevrolet::thumbs: