Dual Intank Setup , Return Style Conversion .... Need Advise

ok i want to do a dual intank walbro setup and want to convert to a return style set up. can any of you give ma a parts list and a how to to get this done? thanks

i tried searching on here but the search i gamf on this site and i was looking at some set ups on pt but there is no parts list and how to do it just pics of finished buckets.

:withstupid:

I am working on a parts list now, but for a single intank. I have never done a pump and conversion to return on these so i'm wondering what it entails also.

Going with the walbros now Jon????

Mine is -8 feed line, -6 return line, boost ref regulator, dual pump harness from looneys performance, bucket modified by nasty performance for the two pumps (maybe call them and ask?), misc parts such as fitting. Let me know if you have any questions.

Adam

Mine is -8 feed line, -6 return line, boost ref regulator, dual pump harness from looneys performance, bucket modified by nasty performance for the two pumps (maybe call them and ask?), misc parts such as fitting. Let me know if you have any questions.

Adam

I wanted to go this route as its the cleanest but didnt want to drop the jack at the moment. Instead ill "cobble" mine lol

Brian, Didn't Dan say you were going to run your stock feed line as your return line? That is how I was planning, but heard the the venturi in the tank won't let it return the fuel correctly. I am lost on the tank side of the swap. I have everything planned for the feed and rails etc tho.

Well I may have changed plans again...lol I was talking to danny last night and he came across a 340 on ebay brand new instock ready to ship so I ordered one. Supposed to handle up to like 800 hp so if this is all true and this guy indeed has them I will be ready to go with out having to convert to a return style... stay tuned. On another note I will still like to see a write up or a how to to do a dual in the bucket and convert to a return style fuel set up ... some body do one with lots of pics!!

Brian, Didn't Dan say you were going to run your stock feed line as your return line? That is how I was planning, but heard the the venturi in the tank won't let it return the fuel correctly. I am lost on the tank side of the swap. I have everything planned for the feed and rails etc tho.

Well I may have changed plans again...lol I was talking to danny last night and he came across a 340 on ebay brand new instock ready to ship so I ordered one. Supposed to handle up to like 800 hp so if this is all true and this guy indeed has them I will be ready to go with out having to convert to a return style... stay tuned. On another note I will still like to see a write up or a how to to do a dual in the bucket and convert to a return style fuel set up ... some body do one with lots of pics!!

Somewhat, I will have pics and more details on all of it next week as my build will make a lot of progress. Im taking a few days off and gettin a lot done. I promise I wont let ya'll in the dark as to how it turns out.......

I wanted to go this route as its the cleanest but didnt want to drop the jack at the moment. Instead ill "cobble" mine lol

Re-thought this entire deal and decided to go ahead and do the rails and and few other things to make it right from the start. We will be using the factory supply line to the rails and have a boost ref. FPR and returning back to the tank with a bulkhead and 6 AN line.

I'm going to play with some 3/8 aluminum fuel line and try to do this all in hardline so brian can ..... polish it too..:shakehead: lmao

two pumps is pretty easy ,

misc fittings , depending on pumps out now there are a few options , not sure on the size of new aeromotives but if you could fit two in the bucket that is what i would do and probably will once i see one

feed line dual walbros -8 is fine

return line -6

bulkhead welded or sealed well to bucket lid.

hobbs switch(i got mine set @ 3-4 psi

a bunch of wire , two weather proof relays and misc stuff . not all that complicated.

i bought mine from nasty as well before i knew any better , i plan to build a bigger and better one in the future . still trying to decide if im going with a fuel cell or not , most likly i will but i want my truck to corner so mounting in the front center under the bed would be best.

also keep in mind you run e85 , it will need quite a bit more pump to support the power you plan that regular 93/91

Re-thought this entire deal and decided to go ahead and do the rails and and few other things to make it right from the start. We will be using the factory supply line to the rails and have a boost ref. FPR and returning back to the tank with a bulkhead and 6 AN line.

I'm going to play with some 3/8 aluminum fuel line and try to do this all in hardline so brian can ..... polish it too..:shakehead: lmao

After I pm'd you I thought about different ways and came up with almost the same way that your going to do his now. I did think about the hardline, but I heard that the aluminum line is prone to cracking, so I looked into stainless. I might run stainless from the tank to the firewall, then run the hardline adapter to -6an aeroquip push lok hose to the fpr for the return. The bulkhead on the sending unit would be feeding the bucket with submersible hose.

For the feed line, are you running it to one rail, then have a crossover in the front, then out the back running to the FPR? I wanted to run an inline filter on the rail, but i'm having a hard time finding the right fittings for this.......

So many choices.