Headers

I am looking in the market for buying a good set of Headers. I was looking at stylinconcepts.com and they have two brands, Gibson and Dynatech...The gibson ones are 439.00 and come with only the headers...The dynatech on the other hand is 1250.00 and come with the headers, pipe to catalytic converters?? I am not real familiar with engine mods and everything, which would I be better off going with? Is there really a 750$ difference in performance between dynatech and gibson? Thanks for yalls help!

JK

Well the 750.00 difference probably has something to do with the cats and pipe. Gibson is good from what I've heard. Check out tybyrne they have a bigger selection. I am actually in the same shoes as you right now, can't make a decision on what to get.

the dynatech look really awesome in person, and If i was to go back and have my choice, i think i would go dynatech over ASMs, the quality looks a bit better, although i hear fitment can be a problem with the supermax system... :seeya:

:withstupid: As posted earlier, check w/ TByrne's site for options.

I think it's best if the debate changes from Gibson vs. Dynatech to Shorty Headers vs. Long tube headers. There are quite a few Shorty headers out there and there are quite a few long tubes.

I know alot of the guys here really enjoy their long tubes. Most of the forced induction guys run long tubes. I currently have JBA shorties and saw a minimal SOTP increase and a throatier exhaust note.

I think we all agree that ceramic coating is the only way to go.

You will hate the Dynatechs when it comes time to change plugs. The bends of the pipes nearly make it impossible for some of the plugs. Also, the heavy stainless pipes, very good quality, take a long time to cool down.

Some things about the ASMs are not as good as some may want, but I could change plugs like normal, and those pipes would cool down within 30 minutes to the touch.

I think Dynatech needs to do some more work for fine adjustment.

Archived