Government Shut Down?

smoothdime

So all day I've been getting emails and watching the news. This Government Shut Down crap is starting to get serious. :confused: Lets hope this doesn't happen so our brothers and sisters down range get paid while their in harms way :thumbs: The next few days will be interesting. My paycheck on the 15th already shows I'm getting half pay!!! Gary

me too. this is ridiculous. i have money saved up but a lot of my friends and coworkers are living paycheck to paycheck and wont have money for rent/food. i cannot believe that some grumpy old men won't pull their heads out of their @$$es and come up with something. oh and by the way, the congressmen and women who can't come up with a budget to pay us are still going to receive a paycheck. im furious.

Dont Even Get Me Started On This BS!!!

Im sick and tired of all these politicians! We Elected them to run our government and instead they can come up with a comprimise and they are just going to allow the Goverment to Shut Down!! All they are arguing about now is less than 1% of the Entire Budget. Now its really only down to a couple programs (The EPA and Planned Parenthood) and they cant even come up with a comprimise.

I feel really bad for our Military Men and Women :flag: . They are figting and dying for our country and they might not even get paid to do it. How sad is that

My Brother in Law was supose to leave for basic on Monday but now he has been told to wait

Ugh I promised myself I would not rant about this :rant:

For my fellow sailors on here you do not have to worry about our paychecks on the 15th if you have your checks directly deposited in to a nevy federal account they stated that they will cover the difference so that we get our full paycheck. But yeah it does suck being a recruiter we were told that this does not effect our job we are still expected to report for work and get our quota for the month but we have to limit our recruiting effort to minimize money spent...so in otherwords work less effectively for free but produce the same results!!

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

I agree with everything said here, I think it's obsurd, our government is severely screwed up. :censor:

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook today.....

"So let me get this straight, part of your job is to help come up with a budget and deal with the fiscal crisis, and you can't...so you FAILED to do YOUR JOB, but you will STILL get PAID, yet the Marine that is oversees somewhere protecting our way of life by putting his on the line won't?? Good job Congress!!!"

This govt has gone to :censor: .......He took a job knowing he would never get rich. He's missed out on many holidays & spent them working. He may have to lay down his life or take one. His life expectancy is shorter than yours because of the stress. But yet you think he's overpaid & and you won't pay him because you can't work together to keep our govt running but yet you will pay yourself?" SHAMEFUL!!!!:flag: :flag: :flag:

Nothing like working next week for free. Hell i am in a nice desk job but what about the other guys that are all over the world in harms way? Lets see if they ship recruits to boot camp next week.

yes we are still shipping people to RTC and OCS we just might not be able to get new contracts

I just ETS'ed in Dec and all I have to say is I will not encourage friends or my kids to join, I dont agree with this gov't at all. They dont give a shit about soldiers on a new higher level...makes me sick.:thumbsdown: