Nhl Playoffs

f1ss

Well its once again that best time of the year and the NHL Playoffs kick off soon.:coold:

As an "original six" fan I could not have wished for a better matchup, Canadians vs. Bruins in the opening round. :thumbsup:

Better hold your ish together, its going to be one helluva series. I just hope the Bruins get Philly again so we can finish what we could not last playoffs, and with Timmy T. netminding, this might be the year (finished with the best GAA since the merger, yes Buffalo and Detroit he surpassed D. Hasek :noway: ).

So in the end, it will be Boston vs. Vancouver. Vancouver takes the series in game 7 as they are use to more travel than any NHL team.

Who you have? Or rooting for?

You are delusional to possibly think that the Bruins will beat the Habs in the first round! Past = Present and we ownnnnnnnnnn the Bruins. Last year the Habs, 8 seed, knock off Washington and Pittsburgh in back to back series. This year were gettin it done. :dbanana: I'm a die hard Habs fan, however am also a fan of good hockey...dont take my comments to heart! Im just praying for an NFL season this year...

Its going to be a great series:pepsicheer:!!! Just like you predicted last year, the Bruins needed Timmy T in net but his hip was toast. It will be interesting to see Carey Price netminding instead of Halak. If the Canadians win, Im rooting them on to the Cup! Im going then have to take a trip up their to have a "real" sports experience during the victory parade :thumbs:.

No one does it like Montreal. I was there in 1993, and John LeClair was born in my hometown so it was a unforgettable experience for me for sure. Thomas scares me, and I have a lot of respect for him, watched him come up through UVM with Martin St. Louis. I can't wait for the series to start. I will be attending at least one Bruins v. Habs playoff games in Montreal by the looks of things. :cheers:

I'm still upset my Stars didn't make the cut yesterday.

We folded to the Wild.

Oh well, I know we wouldn't make it very deep in the playoffs. But still, just make an appearance this season would have make all that hard work pay-off SOME. :closedeyes:

I'm not sure who I'll be siding with just yet in the playoffs.....

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Penguins to the end - Bettin' Crosby will not play until 2nd round

I hope he gets back to form soon, the Russian will take all scoring titles. And as far as concussions, Marc Savard and Crosby have no idea what it is like 10 years down the line after a serious concussion. I had same grade, but 2 within 6 months and a 3rd 9 months later. They need to seriously cut down on the head hits.I dont remember any holidays or b days...but hey its life! :blahblah:

Anddddddd here comes the bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously!!! Where were they when the thread started!!!:pepsicheer::crackup:

BadBowtie any teams you liking so far besides your beloved Stars? I have to admit without the Stars in it in the Western Conference is strange. I always expect Colorado, Dallas and San Jose as top contenders until Modano, Belfour left Dallas. The Stars will be back soon!

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So the Tampa Bay Lightning ousted the Washington Capitals tonight. Had me suprised as ever.

The Bruins wrecked Philly again tonight and its safe to say they will win the series. Maybe we can allow that member from last year "BRUINS SUCK" back on the site and see how he is doing now. I still cant believe he went after the owners of this site.

I think its safe to say the Bruins will face Tampa in the Eastern Conference Finals, and I am scared of Tampa's offense and Dwayne Roloson (comeback player of the year?).

Come on FL residents, rep your team!!!!

Nashville has been a great suprise and Vancouver is doing well. Im having a tough time predicting the Stanley Cup even though I said Boston vs Vancouver, it could be a southern Championship with Nashville and Tampa still alive.

Things will get interesting.

At this point I hope Boston moves on to the ECF. I would love to see St. Louis and Thomas play against each other after being college teammates. Thomas has carried the Bruins and the Lightning are just that, wicked fast. So it will be a true test for Thomas next series as I feel Tampa is a helluva lot quicker on offense than that of the Bruins defense. Vancouver def. outta the west, toss up for the east. Either way I love playoff hockey and its been a great post season thus far.

Its been a great playoff :pepsicheer:

And yes that will be very interesting if the Bruins meet the Lightning (St. Louis vs. Thomas). I am afraid of what you said, the lightning are fast, more so than the Bruins D. I just hope the B's can get past Roloson like they have been able to with Boucher and Bobrovsky. If the B's can score, itll be a very interesting series with a lot of goals unless Timmy T wants to make a new record book. The west is wild and hard to choose. But imagine a Stanley Cup where it doesnt even snow!

Stay tuned to game 4 so we can knock Philly off!

I want to see San Jose vs Vancouver, thatll be a good series.

Stay tuned to game 4 so we can knock Philly off!

Pray that history doesn't repeat itself ... If I remember correctly, didn't Philly win the series against Boston last year, after Boston was up 3-0 ... Philly won the next four ...