Snipe season is right around the corner!

blackhawk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just incase some of you have not been on a snipe hunt in a few years, here is a picture of one of the buggers to jar your memory.

CommonSnipe.jpg

Brings shivers up my spine, just look at that beady-eyed stare! :eek:

I think one of the reasons that Snipe Hunting is so popular is, it's one of the few animals that one can hunt that fights back. Hunting Snipe gets the adrenaline flowing… :)

shortbus: :cheers:

Yes Panda’s, they are quite vicious! I hear with a dab of teriyaki the meat is delicious.

You got my mouth watering already.

Got a new receipt for those snipe’s, uses a great stuffing. Also got me a new aluminum bat. Never used one of those, but it seems to be the going trend.

dylanvonkleist

This is no laughing matter, ;) Look very closely at the snipes' "ruthless unemotional gaze"...Taken in total with its' "razor sharp" beak, this creature can quickly turn a peaceful family outing into a "terror filled nightmare"!!!!!!.................. :eek:

snipe-common.jpg

dylanvonkleist

This is no laughing matter, ;) Look very closely at the snipes' "ruthless unemotional gaze"...Taken in total with its' "razor sharp" beak, this creature can quickly turn a peaceful family outing into a "terror filled nightmare"!!!!!!.................. :eek:

snipe-common.jpg

:lol: its a bird :lol:

haynss & SinisterSS: :nono:

Till you have seen one of these birds in close up combat mode don’t make fun of these babies... :eek:

They are ruthless killing machines when cornered and they will attack un-provoked allot of the time…

It’s almost the missing link between the raptor from prehistoric times...

I kid you not...do you have any idea how many Neanderthals that where killed by a bird...

I myself know all to well the feeling of getting hit by that razor sharp beak!! It ain't fun...and look out if her family is close by!!! I try to go for male snipes but it’s hard to distinguish at a distance…

It has the keen hunting skills of the bald eagle or hawk and the same temperament when hungry...

And that’s a baby snipe; it has not yet grown to hate man. It was an easy catch and I keep it in a cage for observation and research… ;)

We have them too, just dont even bother with them, rather have a good duck or goose to eat.

Yeah them are tasty critters as well. :thumbs: But hunting snipe is in a whole other league…I guess it’s that part of being HUNTED and not being the HUNTER 100% of the time… ;)

And snipes are tasty eats; watch out for the poisonous saliva sack though… :crazy:

Oh and one more thing, some snipes may be smaller than ducks, but don't let their size fool you! Try getting hit in the head with that beak when they come flying in at 50 mph!! That's why I wear a helmet when I hunt 'em… ;)

forget about snipes, try butterfly hunting. just your courage and a fiendishly fragile net between you and a horribly painful death. those terrible claws at the wing tips and that deadly venom they spit! makes me shudder just thinking about it.

I don't suppose you guys remember the tragic Snipe hunting accident of 1974?

22 poor bastards were killed by a swarm of angry snipe and the photographer that took this picture was one of them. They never did find his head...... :sick:

216tf.jpg

svtdrivr, I hear ya’! ;)

I’ve hunted butterflies before there was a season to do so. Faced the buggers head on with just my butter_swatter and the cajones to look these winged hell spawn in the eye… :eek:

Every year for over 20 years now i have bagged my limit of these wily critters who can be vicious and deadly if you get their wing dust on ya’! I use an aluminum bat to plink them out of there dive bombs toward me…messy, but satisfying. :thumbs: I have found though that wood is so much better and ya get that satisfaction of that thud when ya connect with the lil killers...a metal ring just don’t sound right...ya know??

I have a covey of them here and one attacked one of my neighbors new kittens just last week. Was a good thing momma was close at hand keeping and eye out for her kittens…

Good to hear that there are others out there that knows how serious we take our hunts, as well as doing our part to keep the general public out of harms way of a mass swarm of deadly butterflies! :pop:

Archived