Fast4Popper

I spoke with chris in the beginning of february about doing an led interior conversion to my truck . we aggreed upon a price of 350 to cover shipping, labor and parts to install all the led's in white which imo is a great deal .he asked me to send a money order instead of paypal and send it to his fiance in which i agreed .i shipped it all on February 16th. it arrive on the 22nd . On the 28th i was told he got the door switches done and they sent him the wrong leds and were in blue , in which i asked for white . he said he had new ones coming and he would have it all shipped out the following monday . On march 5th i got a reply saying he was leaving for a trip to visit family that wasnt doing well. I wished him the best of luck and the same to his family. I sent him a reply on the 13th of march saying i needed the truck and too just ship everything back if he wasnt going to be able to get to it in a fair amount of time . He promptly sent me a reply saying he would have his fiance ship it out the next day and the correct led's had arrived at his place. he also asked when i need it by and he was flying home the following day . I sent a reply 10pm the next day asking if she had shipped it out and if not what would be the absolute quickest he could finish it by . He responded by asking when i needed it , in to which i said , 7-8 more days until i needed it in hand and i would send additional money to cover next day shipping. He said he was sick and had to work but would get it done at night after work. this was all on the 15th of march . I asked on the 17th how everything was coming along , no reply. the 18th i asked how much to send for next day air , no reply. the 21st asked if he was ok , no reply. the 22nd i asked just for a sign of life to let me know he was indeed ok and was worried as i havent got a response in a week. I asked just to ship everything back asap. the 27th i sent a text on how i just needed my stuff back and i was being as nice as i could wishing him the best as i knew he had family problems. I got a reply from his phone on the 28th from his fiance saying he lost his grandma and folloed by his grandpa on the 23rd. She informed me he had some parts done but he wanted her to send some parts from his truck so the lights matched and to send my address so she could ship on the 29th. She informed me chris wasnt doing well and was not talking to anyone. on the 30th i got a reply it shipped from newark nj on the 29th of march . on the 6th of april i had'nt received anything and i wanted a tracking number to check where it was. the 7th i got a reply saying he got a new phone and he would call me in a few. he said his fiance shipped it from her work and it should have been here by now. the 9th i was told he started a claim and he was leaving until the 18th and would not be available. the 10th i was told it shipped 10 days ago and she ran a claim on the 8th . the 10th i was told he shipped his trucks steering wheel controls and door switches so things would match . i was told he would ship a full interior in white lights complete when he had a chance. i sent numerous text's voicemails and on the 14th of april i received my interior back , dated shipped on the 12th of april and no money order . i also had my gauge clusted cover shattered to pieces. i sent a text showing the picture and asking where the money order was in to which i received a reply he was on vacation and i though he was stupid because the cluster i sent a picture of did not have the chrome rings (check all my older pics and it has them from an escalade)and to try again to rip someone off and that my money order was left in an envelope separate from the box the same day the interior was shipped and he wouldnt be responding to any more of my text's and calls . in to which i still have never spoken a word to chris directly .

in all i received not a single piece of interior with led lights(checked them all) my a/c controls now has a some scratches on them , the steering wheel controls are all scratched up , no refund on my money order of 350 to which was cashed on the febuary 11th. So i cant stop pay . I also received a busted gauge cluster too boot.

I have the entire conversation from text's saved for to whom it may concern. and the tracking number USPS 0309 2880 0000 2949 7669

here are a couple pics of the parts i received ( they were shipped in good non scratched condition ) the box with my radio(6 disc bose) heater/ ac controls/ window switched/heated door switches / airbag switch/ headlight switch/bed light switch and cluster with about half empty and packed very loosely. my cluster could have broke in shipping and most likly did from the non tight loose packing job that wont be honored by the usps .

2011-04-14191811.jpg

2011-04-14191825.jpg

2011-04-14191659.jpg

2011-04-14154039.jpg

2011-04-14191718.jpg

I just want everyone know how my experience with chris has been. and let him have a chance to explain his side of the story , i wrote this from looking at my text's on my phone and have not exagerated or fabricated any of this information .

i just feel i have given him time to write his wrong and gave him time when he had trouble. a simple response in the 15 days i got no reply would have have been fine as well as not telling me to rip someone else off and telling the truth on what was actually going on with my interior . that is all i am going to say for now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not taking sides either.. but i transported my cluster twice in a suitcase on a plane ride.. you know how baggage handlers are...

and it didnt shatter, crack, nuttin..

take that for whatever it is worth.. for good, bad.. other factors, etc.. but in my mind, i cant see how it would have gotten smashed like that in shipping.. would have helped if a pic was taken while it was still in the USPS box, then it could show, removin certain doubts from people as to what happened, and when.

im like the others.. a neutral party seeing this go down.. however .. IMO, if it was a transaction enacted via PMs or other threads on the site, it should have been taken up with the Admins and\or Moderators to intervene. Outright badmouthing a member like this.. TO ME, is in poor taste..

Chase, I dont know you, and Ive never dealt with you.. i have no vested interest in taking sides, throwing mud, etc..

I am hopeful this can\will be settled for the good of the community, and its unfortunate this has to spill out into the public arena.

Good luck to both parties involved.

wow sorry to hear that chase that really sucks. ive dealt with chris personally and i have nothing but good things to say. im really interested in hearing his reply

I have also met & delt with Chris personnally on several occasions when he lived close by. He is a genuine guy and a personal friend. I hope everything gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.

Im not taking sides either.. but i transported my cluster twice in a suitcase on a plane ride.. you know how baggage handlers are...

and it didnt shatter, crack, nuttin..

take that for whatever it is worth.. for good, bad.. other factors, etc.. but in my mind, i cant see how it would have gotten smashed like that in shipping.. would have helped if a pic was taken while it was still in the USPS box, then it could show, removin certain doubts from people as to what happened, and when.

im like the others.. a neutral party seeing this go down.. however .. IMO, if it was a transaction enacted via PMs or other threads on the site, it should have been taken up with the Admins and\or Moderators to intervene. Outright badmouthing a member like this.. TO ME, is in poor taste..

Chase, I dont know you, and Ive never dealt with you.. i have no vested interest in taking sides, throwing mud, etc..

I am hopeful this can\will be settled for the good of the community, and its unfortunate this has to spill out into the public arena.

Good luck to both parties involved.

You're joking, right? Quote Chase's op and highlight every part where he 'bad mouthed' Chris. IMO this is EXACTLY what needs to happen when a transaction goes bad, and the adequate time has been given for someone to make good. I have spoken with Chris a couple of times and only had good experiences. I can only guess and hope he has good reasoning for whatever happened and whatever he is dealing with in his life right now. The fact is that people do have a right to know this stuff just in case he doesn't, or anyone else in any other deal for that matter. Hopefully all turns out well for both sides as they are both long time members.... :takealook:

You're joking, right? Quote Chase's op and highlight every part where he 'bad mouthed' Chris. IMO this is EXACTLY what needs to happen when a transaction goes bad, and the adequate time has been given for someone to make good. I have spoken with Chris a couple of times and only had good experiences. I can only guess and hope he has good reasoning for whatever happened and whatever he is dealing with in his life right now. The fact is that people do have a right to know this stuff just in case he doesn't, or anyone else in any other deal for that matter. Hopefully all turns out well for both sides as they are both long time members.... :takealook:

1BAD2K, i stand corrected on my use of the word badmouthed. My apologies to all if I misread\misrepresented anything that came outta my digital mouth.

I still wish the best of luck for all parties involved and will remain neutral in this incident.

1BAD2K, i stand corrected on my use of the word badmouthed. My apologies to all if I misread\misrepresented anything that came outta my digital mouth.

I still wish the best of luck for all parties involved and will remain neutral in this incident.

Got ya. I was just saying it seemed pretty objective to me pointing out only the facts without any real emotion at all. AND at the end where he says "thats all Ill say for now" is where he decided to keep it that way lol.

Waiting to see how Fast4 replies........ :lurk:

Both memebrs are well respected on this site.....I can not imagine for the life of me CHris delibrately screwing someone over but I also have never known Chase to bull shit about anything like this....I am sure he will do what is neccesary to make it right and everyone will good

I doubt I could have been so kind if this happened to me. I'm sorry for Chris's lost and I understand things can go wrong, but those returned parts look bad. Hopefully he'll step up and make things right. Many people on here are friends and stuff but when money is exchanged it's about business. I hope all gets resolved and both parties can move past this experience.

its understandable that things happen in life, but when deals r maid and one party has already handed over money for an agreed service it really has no relevance to the other party, its not like he was doing anyone a favor it was a business transaction, and imo business is business a few days is understandable.... but weeks??? its a little sketchy how there were no real discussions from the person providing the service, also all the good comments that r on the behalf of the service provider r from people in his general vicinity not on the other side of the country. if u ask me it looks like something went wrong during the break down of parts cause those scratches and niks couldn't have happened in a shipping package as for the cracked cluster who really knows what happened all i know is i would be super pissed and wanting an explanation.......sorry to hear about thisicon_bs.gifchase

That is just brutal man. I realize its hard to deal with family shit but hell even in that situation, you have someones truck in pieces, along with a decent chunk of their cash in your hands. You have a responsibility to them, so if you know in your mind you can't do the work within a reasonable time frame, do the guy a favour and just send it back so he isnt stuck with a useless truck. I can see the cluster being damaged via shipping but all those scratches?... IMO the 350 should be fully refunded based on those facts. Just gotta wait and see what popper replies with.