I Need A S/C

Miller812

a cam probably would have done the trick, then add n2o and you would have spanked him,and DAMN IT MILLER your ole lady was laughing at you !

Haha I know she was and that's why I want to get some more power lol. It did seem really fast because towards the end I was 100 and that camaro was just gone and still walkin lol.

oh yeah. i havent seen a video yet but im sure with a decent cam and like a 75/100 shot you would walk a new camaro pretty bad. with the right tune your motor would work great with N02. if my truck was my DD thats the route id go. just a healthy N/A setup with some nitrous to play around with on the weekends.

That sounds like it would be pretty bad ass. Looks like I'm going to have to start forking money out haha. I like the surprise idea of it also.

Haha I know she was and that's why I want to get some more power lol. It did seem really fast because towards the end I was 100 and that camaro was just gone and still walkin lol.

hahaha yeah we need to restore your manliness!! j/k These trucks have serious issues once you get to about 90+ mph, pushing these trucks through the wind & AWD resistance after that MPH is very tough. If you are careful (buy good components & window switch) then a 100-shot with shift kit will work well; if you want to save $$$ then port-match the exahust manifolds and that will greatly help (versus buying headers). A good high-flow cat-back is vital with NOS. Also, when running NOS remove (or gut) the cats, because the extra enrichment fuel will kill them anyways, which in-turn will kill your motor. Happy hunting!

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

If I could go back I would not do the nitrous. My wife and I have it on both rides and its a PITA.

For my truck the nitrous got me into the 11s which was my goal but it ends being such a headache. Watching the bottle pressure, the bottle heater draining your battery in line at the track, inconsistent times, using 100 octane, flashing the PCM to change your tune everytime you want to use the nitrous unless driving around with less timing doesnt bother you and like Mr. P. said you cats will be toasted.I could go on and on.

Just save for a blower you will be so much more happy with it

We just ordered a vortech blower for our SRT8 jeep and the nitrous kit is going in the trash. lol

Greg

If I could go back I would not do the nitrous. My wife and I have it on both rides and its a PITA.

For my truck the nitrous got me into the 11s which was my goal but it ends being such a headache. Watching the bottle pressure, the bottle heater draining your battery in line at the track, inconsistent times, using 100 octane, flashing the PCM to change your tune everytime you want to use the nitrous unless driving around with less timing doesnt bother you and like Mr. P. said you cats will be toasted.I could go on and on.

We just ordered a vortech blower for our SRT8 jeep and the nitrous kit is going in the trash. lol

Greg

Good point, i didnt think about that, but doesnt zex have a wot kit that eleminates alot of those issues? as far as the strip i just assumed he was wanting some fun on the street!

Greg

well let me know when you get rid of the nitrous. I might be interested. I'm still torn on a pro charger that I can get a pretty good deal on or a cam and nitrous. I think I would like the pro charger better but its cheaper the other route I think.

Good point, i didnt think about that, but doesnt zex have a wot kit that eleminates alot of those issues? as far as the strip i just assumed he was wanting some fun on the street!

Definatly will probably not ever see a track because there's not one anywhere close that I know of anyways. so It'd just be for a little fun on the streets. Just craving more now lol. And the girl wants me to get a camaro now and I want to show her that the truck is way better haha. I'm a truck guy

ya I have a window switch so you just stomp on it and the nitrous comes on at whatever rpm you set it at.

Don't get me wrong it works and its fun but IMO its a headache and I dont have HP tuners to switch my tune back and forth. Driving around with a nitrous tune with no nitrous sucks. :pepsicheer:

Greg

ya I have a window switch so you just stomp on it and the nitrous comes on at whatever rpm you set it at.

Don't get me wrong it works and its fun but IMO its a headache and I dont have HP tuners to switch my tune back and forth. Driving around with a nitrous tune with no nitrous sucks. :pepsicheer:

Greg

That would be awesome with the window switch. So the truck would run crappy untill I shoot the nos?