What Would You Like To See In The Next Gen Silverados/Sierras

diggerdan11

So it sound like GM maybe comin gout with there next generation Silverados and Sierras as a 2013 Model. I was just wondering what kind of things you guys would like to see in the New Trucks. I saw this same topic on GM Insider and I figured it would be cool to see what the SS boys think

Here are some of my ideas

More Technology!!! (Sinc Like System, Ipod Control, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc..), I know GM is making strides towards this with there new MyLink system. HID headlights, LEDs etc..

More Comfortable Seats (the NBS trucks are extremely uncomfortable except the Denali). Also I think the seat need armrests, the center console is in a weird place and my arm goes numb resting it on there over long periods.

More Engine Options throughout the different trim levels. I think we need a twin turbo V6 option like Ford (plenty of power and towing but great mileage). Offer the 6.2L in more packages. 4.5L Duramax! I think the 1500 should have these options for Engines: 3.6L V6 (300hp+), 3.6L TTV6 (360hp+), 5.3L V8 (380hp+), 6.2L V8 (420hp+), 4.5L DMax (300hp+/ min 500ft/lbs). I think the Duramax in the HD will need to be close to 400 hp and 800ft/lbs +of Torque. These are just my suggestions, who knows with the new GM direct inject engines, a 3.0 V6 could be putting out over 350hp NA, and a 5.3 V8 could be putting out well over 400hp and a 6.2 may be putting out over 500hp. Im excited to see what they do.

Bring Back The SS!!!! or have a Denali like model for Chevrolet (More Power, Loaded, Sporty looks etc…). I know all you guys will agree with me on this

One Option that Dodge and Toyota have that I like is the extended cab models with access from the outside. It would be nice to access your back cab without having to open the front doors.

More Color Matching Options. Chrome is becoming unpopular and Chevrolet and GMC love there chrome. I would love to have a truck with color matched door handles, front bumper, rear bumper and grill

Get Rid of the wood grain on the LTZ or at least make it an option

I think the Crew Cab Models rear seats need to fold flat like the 2001-2006 body style. I think it give a lot more room for storage, pets etc..

I wish they would offer a 6 ½ foot bead in the Crew Cabs but I don’t think that will happen

My Next Truck will probably be the next generation, but there are so many things i dont like about the NNBS chevys I hope they dont carry over into the next generation.

Some real leather on the seats, absolutey no SS model at least for another 20 years, and powered rear windows on the extended cab version.

I would like to see the Silverado ZR2 put into production and have them drop the 1500HD, that might be able to keep up with the Ford Raptor.

LSa as an option

LS9 in the SSS

That would be Awesome, but we all know its not going to happen,

Some real leather on the seats, absolutey no SS model at least for another 20 years, and powered rear windows on the extended cab version.

I would like to see the Silverado ZR2 put into production and have them drop the 1500HD, that might be able to keep up with the Ford Raptor.

The NBS Trucks already have power windows in the extended cab

More refinement on the interiors, with absolutely No Cheesy Ass HARD PLASTIC PANELS ...

We have an 07 GMC Yukon Denali ... I can Grate Cheese off the frigg'in Door Panels and Dash ... WTF. Really Sad thing, if you pay about $10k more and get yourself a Cadillac Escalade, you get the same cheap ass piece of plastic. *Nice Touch GM

I do like the front ends of the GMC over the Chevy's. I like the GMC All Terrain edition. Just enough chrome.

Some upgraded Tech Package would be nice.

LS3 / 6 speed in a regular cab. or offer an LS7/LSA in a extended cab with a 6 speed auto with paddle shifts reddevil.gif

for an everyday truck just make it more comfortable and offer a full center console in lower trim levels. i hate that the bench seat stays in unless you go up pretty high on the trim levels

Get rid of the butt ass ugly front ends of the Silverado. More performance and add on options so it can fit to the customers liking. How about a Colorado SS with a 6spees paddle shift with well over 450hp maybe around 600hp supper charged lowered fully loaded. kinda like the dodge 5.9 RT

I want to see more camaroish type features.

HID`s, HUD, Brembo Brakes, Interior Ambient Lighting that`s adjustable , Boston Acoustics(Or anything non-bose) Stereo, Floor Consul Shifter.

+

Telesopic Steering Wheel, Heated and Cooled cup holders, Self repairing paint, 110volt outlets, USB ports, Digital Dash, In glass radio Antenna, All lighting switched to led`s, Headrest screens

AND...

Mr. T Voice Navigation Guidance FTW!

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)