Should I Buy A 03 Ss

moseley618

I have a chance to buy a 03 SS with 126,000 miles. They are asking 11,900 for the truck. What should I watch out for? I got to look under the truck when it was on the lift getting the oil changed and it looked clean, not like it had been cleaned but nice. What basic mods should I plan if I wanted to spend $2000 or less? Thanks guys!

http://www.mdpmotors.net/vehicledetails.aspx?VID=133996858

Looks like a sharp truck. if thats the asking price id want them to go down just a bit. id just check for normal wear and tear on it. if its stock performance wise then thats a good thing. oh and blues the best color :driving: :driving: where is the truck out of Mo? if so just check for rust. i was born in KS/Mo i know how the rust can eat stuff up. Good luck these trucks are fun and seem to go for a long time. Edit after looking at NADA the price is fair for what they r wanting. seems to high book at around $14.500

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Looks like a good deal to me, those are nice tires on there too. Obviously try to talk them down as much as possible. The only thing i would worry about is the Tranny. Check the Car Fax and see if the Tranny has been serviced. I just bought a Tahoe with 140k and it still shifts like a champ but the car fax showed that the tranny was serviced and flushed at 70k and 130k.

for 2000 or less hmmm. well i would pay to have the tranny checkd out, you can also get an exhaust and intake and Definitely get a custom tune

looks like a decent deal to me. Definitely keep in mind that these tranmissions are luck of the draw. For $2,000 worth of mods, I would look into long tube headers, intake, and a dyno tune.

$9999 in cash should have her. If not, I would say goodbye. You can grab less miles unless your budget is restricting. Im at 64,xxx and firm at 20k f/s (feeler sale). 03's came mostly fully loaded compared to other years except the DEI SS (2006), which was the same as 03s; fully loaded or not.

I checked the truck out in person and it looks good except for a few chips. I offered them $10500 but he said he had more in it than that he also said that he just reduced the price from 12,900. I am planning on towing a wakeboard boat with it a few times a year is it going to be ok for that. Boat and trailer weighs about 5000lbs. I am worried about how low the truck sits compared to a regular truck. I am also worried about me going crazy and dumping a supercharger and new trans in that thing.

I checked the truck out in person and it looks good except for a few chips. I offered them $10500 but he said he had more in it than that he also said that he just reduced the price from 12,900. I am planning on towing a wakeboard boat with it a few times a year is it going to be ok for that. Boat and trailer weighs about 5000lbs. I am worried about how low the truck sits compared to a regular truck. I am also worried about me going crazy and dumping a supercharger and new trans in that thing.

It's honestly not that low.I have no problem jumping curbs and medians. I

Well, I bought it. Sweet truck sucks to fill it up with the good stuff. I love the look, I just picked it up and it was dark before I got home so will have to check it out tomorrow. Does have HID low beams. I want to do a decent brake upgrade pretty quick. What is a good upgrade that is not 3-4K? I would piece together something that works.

first off, the truck are great for towing regaurdless of the hieght. The truck might sit alittle lower with the heavyer trailer. ive pull my 21 foot center console and three place sled trailer with three sleds inside without a problem. Perfect buy to tow a wakeboard boat.

for mods id say the best to do is first the exhaust such as dualies or long tube headers. Also id look to a shift kit and a tune, it will increase mpg and tow much smoother. Also an intake would be good such as a K&N. Those are all the easyest mods and are easily under 3 grand. Around 250 for the intake, i paid 125 for a shift kit from a guy of this site, a good set of longtubes are around 500 and a exhaust without the cats so basically pipe can run from 500 to 700 or more or less depending on how much you want done and what type. The truck really sound great with a nice exhaust tone.