Moving To Phoenix Arizona

Okay so I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I realized just how unhappy I have been with my life. Everyday I wake up, I'm not happy, I feel miserable and depressed. I also feel alone. So The other day, I had a thought to find a business card and make a phone call. That phone call I made was one thing that made me feel good, and that phone call was to MMI-Motorcycle Mechanics Institute down in Phoenix Arizona. So I'm going to be moving down to Arizona somewhere in and/or around the Phoenix area to go to school again. And it doesn't stop there, once I finish school, I'm not comng back to Wisconsin to live here anymore because I like the warm weather all year and I don't like driving in snow, wet, slushy, icey and salt covered roads that cause your vehicle to rust out on the body. It just really sucks. My car has taken a beating from these winters up here in Wisconsin and I just hate to see what it's doing to my car. Kind makes me feel unsafe driving it on the road from the underside being rusted out at the pinch points for the jack points and the rocker panals more or less to say is what's rusted out on my car, oh and spots behind the tail lights for the trunk have rusted out and are creating holes in the body. Someday I want to get this body work fixed and make my car look like new again...well almost like new. At least to get the rusted out spots on the body fixed and replaced.

But anyway, yea I finally have made the decision to go back to school again because I have thought long and hard about my situation and I really want to do something with my life. I have been living this way evr since I graduated high school and it's been just misery and nothing good at all. I want to get a degree and open up more job opportunities available to myself rather than living life the way I am. Broke, damn near homeless and unemployed. It just sucks people and I am moving in hopes of making some new friends to hang out with because I don't have any friends here in Wisconsin. I thought I did, but turns out the people who I thought were my friends, aren't. I'm alone guys and there are times I just go down to my room and break down and cry. I just lose it hard. Now I know I should probably not be sharing this with everyone, but things are very hard fo me right now and I'm not sure what to do. School is one thing that I have taken the step to get back into. I've already completed the enrollment application for MMI and I did my fafsa. Now I just have to wait. I won't be down to Arizona though until October. So still got 5 months total till I'll be down there. I am taking this whole summer to work, mow lawns, do yard work, sell stuff and donate plasma to save up for moving down to Arizona. And I could really use some help when this time comes. Anybody on here from Arizona?

My goal is to save at least $5,000 or more to move down to Arizona and I'm going to do whatever I have to get it and anything it takes to get it. As long as I can keep my quads/ATVs and my things that mean setamental value to me, then I'll be happy...maybe

Edited by 2006 Intimidator SS (see edit history)

Yeah there are a few members from arizona. I just moved back to oregon from arizona. It was a big shock moving from a cold climate to a really hot one. Your going to love the winters when its at least 70 every day. Good luck with your big move and change of life.

I've been to Arizona before, last year in February. I went down to Arizona to visit a friend and I loved it. I got to go check out the MMI school and take a tour of the school. It was awsome and I liked it all. I just called them yesterday and got things rollin for myself. I have a lot to do yet and got a lot on my plate still with Wisconsin. I just really want to make something of myself and become a somebody who did something with their life ya know?

Well best of luck to you. its hard to make changes but sometimes it for the best. im learning to accept things myself change can be good. just make the most out if it. as i look at it we are only here on earth once so enjoy while you can. seems like life takes off. once again best of luck to you and the future. keep us informed. :pepsicheer:

Well good for you Cody. It's good that you are comfortable enough with yourself to share how you really feel. Sounds like you have got a good plan for your future.

FWIW, A friend of mine went to MMI (in Phoenix) several years back and he now owns his shop.

You will love it here...as long as your AC works well laugh.giflaugh.gif

I moved to Tucson from the midwest in 84......dont regret it one bit. pepsicheer.gif

Good luck with MMI, had a good friend that went there and is now pretty damn happy with his life compared to the one he had in Michigan.

Yea, that sounds like me right now. I am very unhappy with my life right now and life sucks it brings me down everyday and money is not good right now at all. I'm going through a lot of my stuff now to see what I like but don't need right now and can replace later after I finish school and get a good job or career. Anybody need an air compressor or two? I got two air compressors, ones a big old 30 gallon air compressor on wheels, needs a new motor and a new compressor and the other one I got is a small like 3 gallon I think that works and needs nothing.

Well you are going to be just in time for the warm weather......wait a minute I mean the HOT weather so make sure your air is working. Good choice on the move. Let me know who you spoke with. I have a very close friend who is an exec. at MMI/UTI here in Phoenix. I am sure you will enjoy your time here. Hit me up when you arrive and I can let you know a little about the city.

Well you are going to be just in time for the warm weather......wait a minute I mean the HOT weather so make sure your air is working. Good choice on the move. Let me know who you spoke with. I have a very close friend who is an exec. at MMI/UTI here in Phoenix. I am sure you will enjoy your time here. Hit me up when you arrive and I can let you know a little about the city.

For sure