Trailblazer Ss

pacheco707

i was looking into buyn a tbss. i wanted to see what u guys think about the pros and cons about buyn a awd over a 2wd. i will say that i dont have much use for awd, it rains in the winter and i might take a trip to the snow once a year. but im more looking for everyday pros and cons. i wont modify except for exhaust,intake and wheels. are there problems with the awd drivetrain?etc..

thanks for the input fellas

if your keeping your truck, go with the awd so you have the best of both worlds. Obviously more maintenance with the awd (front diff, x-case etc). Go test drive an awd in the rain and you will know how fun awd can be. :chevrolet:

edit-awd is more gas abusing :peelout:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Yea I agree awd is awesome. The only thing different than 2wd for me is changing the diff fluid every 15,000. But being able to stomp it and take off like a rocket in the rain is pretty kick a$$ and worth the 15,000 service haha

maintaince isn't a big deal. awd are harder to find.but im not in a hurry. does anybody know of any common problems, especially drivetrain? are awd and 2wd performance numbers are similar? is rear air bags better than the reg suspension? ohh also does the leather interior have any problems?

We've got an AWD 06' TBSS with all the options, leather, 50k, air bag suspension, ect and its a great car. Although it has shown some problems, about three months ago I was driving it and turned a corner gave it half throttle reached 3,000 rpm it tried to shift and lost all forward movement, reverse, and park. Thought the transmission blew up, bought a built trans, installed, didn't fix it. Turned out to be a stripped out passenger side CV shaft where it slides into the differential spines. Apparently its a common problem from what I've read on the TBSSowners fourm. Not to discourage you from a AWD just saying what happened with ours. Anyways now that it has a built trans and a fixed front diff its a great small SUV!!

alright thanks guys. ima get serious on looking now. based on this im just gonna look fer a fully loaded. awd or 2wd as long as i get a good deal. like i said no hurry, im just gotta find the best deal. again thanks

the 2wd TBSS act different than a 2wd SSS. their better weight distribution and 5 link rear end helps out alot. I vote 2wd if you know how to use a throttle, instead of using it as an on/off switch. if you are going for high power, street bruiser, then I would go AWD

If you get a 2wd just make sure you are prepared to go through tires like crazy :peelout: The last one i test drove was a 2wd and the salesman whas trying to get me to peel out at every time i came to a stop

I wanted that TBSS so bad but I would have to have AWD where I live now. I would have loved to have a 2wd when i was living in Arizona, but i knew that i would not be there forever so a 2wd would not have been the best idea.