Some People Are So Ignorant....Help Please!

So my wife and I go to a movie (Fast Five) in her vehicle. The movie was good and then came home, as usual. Well she pulls up behind my SS where we always park the cars and with her headlights illuminating my black tailgate, someone decided to write GAY across it in big letters. Needless to say it seems like they used a pencil eraser or something which I can't seem to get rid of the lettering. I tried basic car wash soap, dish detergent, window cleaner, even a buffing pad by hand and it is still there. What the heck would get the paint clear again?

Please Help!

Well, I want to say that maybe clay barring would do the trick. I'm just hoping that the eraser material wasn't abrasive enough to permanently etch your clear coat... I'd say give a good clay barring a shot and hit it up with some wax and see how that works. Maybe try some polish?

That sucks man... I hope you can get 'er fixed!

What a bunch of useless sons of bitches. No respect. I would say try a good clay bar (I prefer Griots). make sure you douche it down with plenty of "speed shine". A clay bar will remove any surface contaminants... so if it is an eraser it should come off because its just on top of the clear coat. If that doesn't work, i would step it up to a machine polish ( start with the finest ). After clay barring or polishing I always like to apply another coat of wax also. If that doesn't work let us know and its back to the drawing board. Poor SS unsure.gif

That sucks man!

Honestly, they probably didn't even own a vehicle.

Around here, we have tons of punk kids that just walk around the mall and movies for hours. All the ricers I know aspire to own a SS one day.Worst comes to worse. Wet sand, and buff.

sorry to hear. you could try the clay bar first. but if that fails id try to polish it and if that doesn't work id wet sand it and buff it. start with 2500 grit that might do it. after you wet sand you will need to polish/buff it to get the shine back. i have done it a time or two on the SS and it turned out good.

Thanks guys, I am going to try to get a clay bar, buff, then wash it again to see if it is out. Time to invest in a second garage, the first one is just full. I'll let everyone know what works.

Well I used a clay bar, a finishing compound, and a buffed like crazy. When all was said and done it actually came out and looked great, the words are no more (hopefully soon to be the same of the dicks that did this). I appreciate the quick responses and the help. You guys never fail to amaze. Thanks again. I am just glad I did't have to sand or go to an extreme to save my baby.