4X4 T56 Build

SYRacing

great idea but good luck getting any clutch to hold with the weight of the truck , maybe driving it like a sissy but any spirited driving even on a stockish ss i dont see any clutch holding up

great idea but good luck getting any clutch to hold with the weight of the truck , maybe driving it like a sissy but any spirited driving even on a stockish ss i dont see any clutch holding up

I have the McLeod RST dual disk and my SSS is bone stock except e-fans. They rate the RST for 800hp and I'm nowhere near that power level. If the clutch doesn't last, McLeod said I can always upgrade to the RXT (1000hp) for a minimal fee.

Picked up some minor upgrades for the T56, instead of just ordering a shim kit and snap ring set I went ahead and got brass pads, billet keys for 3-4 and 5-6, and steel fork for 3-4 and 5-6. Parts will be here tomorrow then I am just waiting for the front shift conversion to be available thru thegearbox.

Read some very interesting threads on clubcobra.com, I'm going to attempt to put the reverse lockout (located in the tail of the GTO housing) in the CAGS port since it is the same thread to keep the reverse lockout.

Edited by SYRacing (see edit history)

I have the McLeod RST dual disk and my SSS is bone stock except e-fans. They rate the RST for 800hp and I'm nowhere near that power level. If the clutch doesn't last, McLeod said I can always upgrade to the RXT (1000hp) for a minimal fee.

Picked up some minor upgrades for the T56, instead of just ordering a shim kit and snap ring set I went ahead and got brass pads, billet keys for 3-4 and 5-6, and steel fork for 3-4 and 5-6. Parts will be here tomorrow then I am just waiting for the front shift conversion to be available thru thegearbox.

Read some very interesting threads on clubcobra.com, I'm going to attempt to put the reverse lockout (located in the tail of the GTO housing) in the CAGS port since it is the same thread to keep the reverse lockout.

800hp in a 3000lb car, or 800hp in a 5000+lb truck. thats a big difference. goodluck