Supercharging and Exhaust

First of all, you will have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to this so please bear with me.

I am a new owner of an '04 black SS. I absolutely love it but I am already looking at modifing it and am looking for some feedback from the professionals (in other words, everybody) in this forum.

I would first like to change the exhaust to something that has more of a hotrod sound (low, throatie rumble) yet idles quitely at cruising speed (75mph or so). Anybody have recommendations of what to/what not to use?

Secondly, SUPERCHARGING!!! :) I have done some research into this (whipple, magna, votech, etc...) and I would like to know what people like the best. It seems everybody is going towards the Radix type systems but Vortech is claiming some spectacular results with their centrifugal system. I am new to this so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

BTW - Everybody in here has awesome trucks and this forum ROCKS!!!

You remind me of myself, I just bought mine in May and am looking towards the radix(already ordered it). From what I can see the guys and gals say on this forum say exhaust is pretty much what you prefer you know. A lot of guys go with the Flowmaster 40's, Corsa makes a good exhaust. Just look around through the different posts on here and it'll help you learn whats out there before you make a decision. Good luck and let us know what you wind up getting :thumbs:

You remind me of myself, I just bought mine in May and am looking towards the radix(already ordered it). From what I can see  the guys and gals say on this forum say exhaust is pretty much what you prefer you know.  A lot of guys go with the Flowmaster 40's, Corsa makes a good exhaust. Just look around through the different posts on here and it'll help you learn whats out there before you make a decision. Good luck and let us know what you wind up getting :thumbs:

I was looking into exhaust for a long time. What to get and more of what to get. I was going round and round. After a couple of days of back and forth I stumbled onto Ryans (ssminneapolis) exhaust video and was sold. I PM'd him and he sent me the specs on his system.

Well the system just arrived today. I went with what sounded the best for me.

2 Flowmaster 40 series stainless mufflers

1 Xpipe

The sound will make you go "Oh yeah....Oh oh oh Oh". We all know Tim Allen was the man. He said it best everytime when it was raw horsepower rumbling.

There are many systems to choose from. I suggest you look the site over and ask questions. We all look forward to filling in the newbies. Im a n00b myself. I just got my SS in June.

Good Luck

TJ

If you are supercharging, hard to beat the Radix system for ease of install and completeness. The Vortech is nice also. I think the Radix hits the fun factor easily with it's nearly instant boost and torque. The Vortech takes a little longer to spool up.

There are also turbochargers available. The STS kit is a nice kit and may give you the ability to grow with your mods, if you plan to do more. The Radix kit will be somewhat limited in that area. The main reason I sold mine.

the radix also has an advantage of how cool it looks on top of the engine.

Right. I forgot the "cool factor". :rolleyes: lol

now you're going to have the "what are those pipes for" and "damn that thing sounds like a jet." :cool:

now you're going to have the "what are those pipes for" and "damn that thing sounds like a jet." :cool:

Which touches on the "really cool" factor. :)

i think "really cool" might be a bit of a stretch...would be close though... :thumbs:

as for that exhaust video/sound clip

Link

Ben you dont need Turbo to be REALLY cool!! :jester:

All the cool guys run turbos. :flag:

The STS exhaust kit sounds kinda like a great aftermarket exhaust kit with a 737 engine bolted to it. Now *that's* cool!

By the official comment from guys in suped up 79 Chevy pickups at the stop light is:

"That's got a 350, right?"

"Nope, they are 6.0L -- 364 c.i. This one's 364 c.i. with a turbo..."

:eek: "TURBO? No f@(&in way! That's too cool, dude. Rev it up!!"

i think "really cool" might be a bit of a stretch...would be close though... :thumbs:

as for that exhaust video/sound clip

Link

Nice! Thanks for the link. Your truck sounds awesome!

Archived