Fuel System Build

idahoBLKss

got it all buttoned up today and took her for a drive. let me tell you fuel pressure problems are a thing of the past ... lol . when i first turned it on for the first time fuel pressure was reading 95 psi lol , so i made the adjustment on the regulator to bring it down a touch. checked for leakage and everything was good. this was kinda a big project for me to tackle by my self and was a lil nervous , im not going to lie. but i feel proud of my self for doing it all myself . of course a big thank you goes to sinr for answering all my late night text questions...lol thanks brother !!

this is the top of the pump bucket after it was all connected. the hose with the hose clamp on it is my return line feeding back into the tank. i used it so i wouldn't have to drill another hole and worked out perfect...

2011-07-06_18-09-44_487.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to help Jon.:thumbsup: Hopefully this gets you to where you need to be now. Get that tune done and get us some times!!!!

BTW when you set up your fuel pressure, did you unhook the vac reference and set the pressure with the key on (not running)?

Also do you need that bracket still???

Glad to help Jon.:thumbsup: Hopefully this gets you to where you need to be now. Get that tune done and get us some times!!!!

BTW when you set up your fuel pressure, did you unhook the vac reference and set the pressure with the key on (not running)?

Also do you need that bracket still???

Yeah I un hooked the vac, and I talked to zippy and he said to set the pressure to 58 at idol. It would be really hard to set at the on position since it drops pressure quick with out the pumps running constantly. How much do you want for the bracket? I really don't need it since the procharger bracket supports the whole thing any way but just in case I guess.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

well a lil update on the build...

i was out logging and hit 5300 rpms and went lean as #$@! again so i emailed the tune to zippy and he said i ran out of injector , on 60# injectors lol.

so i went ahead and ordered some 80#ers and are awaiting for the connectors to show up. so mean while i was driving around and my fuel pressure was acting weird at half throttle . so i took my bed off again and pulled the basket to inspect it cause no leaks were to be found out side of the tank. nothing obvious was sticking out so i had a friend cycle the key while i was holding the basket half way out so i could see if there were any leaks and sure enough the line that connects to the top of fuel pump was leaking like mad... so i guess it was a bad idea to put a -6 line on a 5/16 fitting even with a hose clap on it, needless to say i ordered some more fittings and should be here any day to fix.

now while doing all of this i noticed that one of the pumps make a higher pitch sound then the other one , is that ok ?

• 3 weeks later...

after a crap ton of trouble shooting , i checked my brand new maybe 10 miles on it my fuel filter was gunked up . i pulled it out and instantly at idol i gained 4 psi and sure enough that was the problem why i was loosing fuel pressure up high ... all of this time of the truck being down and thats what it was. i even ordered another fuel pump cause i thought it was that but it was the fuel filter.....

any way i made some heavy duty brackets for my new car style #80 injectors cause the lil brackets i made just weren't cutting it had leakage at the top of the injector. so i decided to make this problem go away check it out i used 1/8 thick angle aluminium and stainless nuts,bolts,washers ... the toughest brackets youll see for injectors...

2011-08-02_21-00-43_437.jpg

2011-08-02_21-00-51_776.jpg

and in this pic you can see how i stacked the aluminium to get to the fuel rail hole. i use 2 bolts/washers/nuts to secure them to each other and counter sunk the hole to make the bolt head flush so it wouldnt rub on the fuel rail...

2011-08-02_21-01-08_916.jpg

im going to pull them off polish and paint them stay tuned for finished product...

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)