Recall

DirtySSouth

After lowering my truck with my new wheels (24's) my alignment was all out of wack...I went in to get it aligned and found out no one within a 100 mile radius can align it when 24's mounted on my truck...So i went home, and got my stock wheels and was going to just put on my stock wheels get it aligned and then put my 24's back on......so...it was 7:30 in the morning and i was slinging my SS wheels up into my bed of my truck...I was on my 3rd tire when I slung it up on the tail gate and BOOOOOOOMMM the hole tale gate broke off and falls onto the bumper, i dropped the tire and saved the tale gate before it hit the ground.....both cables snapped holding the tale gate on, I was kinda frustrated i went to Tom Light chevrolet and they told me to bring the truck in, i was like no just give me the cables and they said they couldnt give them to me cuz they didnt have the new ones and they couldnt give me the old ones with out me giving them the broken ones, and the broken ones were on the tailgate inmy garage, i was so mad....jeeeeeeezeeeee....ok just had to let out a little frustration...

jk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldnt even get knew cables do you honestly think they are going to fix a scratch on my talegate from it hitting the bumper? Honestly?

To make things better, just another quicky, i was unloading the tires and I am so used to my tailgate being on there, i was walking backwards rolling one of the tires out and i stepped where the tailgate usually is, wooooshhh i fell my ass straight out the back of the truck...it was a really long morning to say the least?!?!?!!

jk

I think they'll fix it if you messed up the paint, since it is as a result of the cable failing.

The new cables are stainless steel. Any word on when they'll be delivering them to the dealerships, Zippy?

if you bitch enough to the service manager and request to speak with the area rep, i'd be betting they'd be more than happy to fix the damamge aside from it likely still being under warrenty as it is. the new updated cables as far as i know are not out yet and won't be for another month or two.

Archived