Track Results

Wheatley

Last month we finally made it to the track for a few N/A passes.It has not ever been run N/A,everything has been on a 100-150 shot in the past.

For the first time I couldn't complain

Thanks to a few of my buddies for taking care of everything,switching the tires ect.LOL I turn around and the slicks were on and ready to go :P

I wanted to see what it would do N/A before I have the heads ported ect.I have a high expectancy this winter,in order to reach that,I will have the heads Ported by Craig Gallant more than likely

This is the setup

6.0 LQ4 with rod bolts

228 232 .588 .595 lift 112LSA

243 castings (heads) milled .035 UNPORTED,only milled with patriot dual springs

Performabulilt level 2 with a Pi Vig 3800 triple disk

4.10's/Eaton carrier

Kooks longtubes 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8

Fast LSXRT102mm using a 90MM Throttlebody from an LS3/LS7 w / x link

I think that is it LOL

Later guys

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v645/StewartSmith/?action=view&current=IMG_0651.mp4

Edited by Wheatley (see edit history)

Not nearly fast enough N/A!!!! Still a turd

1.7 60ft

12.7 @ 105MPH

DA was right at a +900-1100 I would have to look again.

Usually by the end of october we have a negative DA alot of nights,this will also help it.

With more work,heads and good weather,it should do pretty good.

1-2 shift point is 68-6850

2-3 6800

spinning it higher does nothing for it,which the track has proved as well as the dyno.

Edited by Wheatley (see edit history)

where does the cam peak on the dyno. And are you running the dyno the same as your running at the track. I caught myself looking for the big dyno number and locking the converter, but realized i don't lock it at the track...so what am i learning. Rookie mistake i guess

what size rear tire, 28.xx i assume?

i would guess that cam and your converter should be damn near spot on, how is it? Do you think you need a touch more stall or is it matched great?

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

The shift points were moved around to find what is likes at the track.On the dyno we took it to 7,000.

TXSilverado brought his 28 ET drags and they were Biting hard.

The converter works great with the cam,shift drops are right about 1500-1600 on motor,alittle lose for some but i love it and it gets driven about 3k a year so it's not an issue for me.

The converter is flashing right at 3900

On a 100-125 shot it flashes alittle over 4200

About a year ago On the factory truck manifold with a 125 shot,it went a best of 12.03 @ 110MPH with a 1.6 60ft.

It would run 12.0's all night.

We will see this fall what it will do with the new manifold and ported heads on a 125 shot or so.