Other Bolt On Mods

so just got my exhaust done magnaflow (DIDO) and high flow cats. sounds great. and custom tuned which was a huge improement. looking at CAI and know that k+n and volant are good choices but was wondering about the one called vararam? has anyone tried this?

also getting a set of long tube headers. probly dynatechs

after these mods is there any other good bolt on performance mods or do i have to step up to forced industion?

not really wanting to stuff a cam in it yet either

thanks logan

ditch the vararam and get a svede OTR(over the radiator) never seem one done but if theres a vararam theres a svede hopefully. both are more of ram air style CAI and actually TRUE cold air taking taking ambient air from outside not the hot engine bay, the car and somewhat acts like a ram air at speed. both to me the best performing intakes EVER. the only problem with the Vram is the intake is so short it messes with the MAF atlest on the GTOs it does. Happy modding!

also after basic bolt ons if your not fully happy you will need to figure out which direction you want to go with the truck. Basically Forced induction or N/A. basically your prefrence both can be made into monster engines.

also after basic bolt ons if your not fully happy you will need to figure out which direction you want to go with the truck. Basically Forced induction or N/A. basically your prefrence both can be made into monster engines.

Haha I do like the look of that svede intake looks like it would be quita a project. So I've heard that vararams have fitment issues and don't bolt down nice. More than likely going to stick with a volant or brute force intake.

As for the direction of the truck I would love to do forced induction but the cost is still high. Love to slap a radix on there. For now I just going to do the basics. I also looked at getting the trans built up today( shift kit servos clutches sun sheild and the rest of it)

Thinking of the cam swap direction though. How much power can be had through sticking a good cam with a 2800rpm stall?

Thanks logan

Go grab a 160 thermostat to keep your engine running a little bit cooler temps, will help your tune and supporting mods. As for the cold air intake are you looking at the regular Volant, or the Nanofiber (Powercore) system?

With headers are you looking at Dynatech OBX or Supermaxx? If you have the coin to purchase the Supermaxx, you might want to change over to the ARH LT headers as they have bigger 3inch collectors (cost a little bit more but worth every penny).

Happy modding :chevrolet:

I was thinking of getting the dynatechs. They fit in the budget a bit better for now. I know the arh's are very nice. As for the CAI wat are the pros cons differences between the powercore and the regular one with the superscoop?

The regular Volant is an oiled filter, just like the K&N system. The Powercore Nanofiber system is a dry cai, you can run the scoop on both systems. Just make sure you buy the system with the scoop. The Powercore is also a 100,000 mile filter, I would not run it that long but maybe swap it out yearly or a certain amount of miles (I wouldnt want to go more than 50k but I would have to see how quickly it accumulates dirtyness).

For headers I believe you want the Dynatech OBX LT's which are great for the money and run well. The Supermaxx system is like $1-200 less than the ARH LT's. :chevrolet:

and as for the dynatech lt's does anyone have a part number or anything? on there website and also jegs summit racing and such none of them seem to have a option for the sss. are they the same for the LQ4 and 5.3 litre? thanks

and as for the dynatech lt's does anyone have a part number or anything? on there website and also jegs summit racing and such none of them seem to have a option for the sss. are they the same for the LQ4 and 5.3 litre? thanks

Dont go and blow that kind of cash on a 2.5" collector headers. Buy american racing headers.....by far the nicest set of tubes on the market hands down.

www.americanracingheaders.com