Whine Through Speakers During Acceleration

So i just recently installed a head unit in my truck. I have installed many radios before and have never had a problem. I put the headunit in an no problems. The next week I pulled it out again to hook up my FM modulator (so i can play my phone throught the antena) which was previously installed on my stock stereo with no problems.

Now i have a whine coming through my speakers during accleration, at first i thought it was the radio because i noticed it while listening to the radio, so i umpluged the antenna but it still does the wine. It also does it while listening to a CD or XM but not as bad, or at least it seems that way.

I heard that a 12 amp noise filter may do the trick. What do your guys think? supposedly they are easy to install.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which interface?Any other info, amps ?, anything else not factory?

Its a Schosche FM Modulator. Here is a link

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306185040&sr=8-1

I also have an alpine amp installed, and XM pluged into the Auxilary imput on the Alpine. I also have extra power outlet (cig lighter) wired to the ignition wire so That extra power outlet only has power going to it when the car is running

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Which interface(bypass) did you use for the deck install?

Its the Periperal GMCO, Its the right one. Bose No Onstar, Its the same one i had when my last stereo was stolen. They left the interface so i just used the same one. Here is the link to the one like it. Could not find a link to the exact same one but they are both Periperal GMCO

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16953_Peripheral-GMCO.html

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

My guess is you pulled out a ground wire out of your periperal piece when you had your deck out. It`s an interface problem for sure.

If you can`t find a loose wire, then you might need a new one.

My guess is you pulled out a ground wire out of your periperal piece when you had your deck out. It`s an interface problem for sure.

If you can`t find a loose wire, then you might need a new one.

Hmmm I will have to check that out and see, but if its the ground wire would it not work at all?

If you can`t find a loose wire, then we can look at different options for re-grounding the deck, sometimes that helps. I`m also assuming your amp is for sub and not front end speakers.

Yeah the amp is for my Sub, Im just using the bose amp for my regualr Speakers

yep, it`ll ground through the antenna and other things, but give you a ground loop noise...like you have

When I saw the title of the post, first thing I thought was bad ground. Had a similar problem some years ago.