Samsung Led Or Plasma

Ruben525

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got a Plasma, on black friday sale, 55" 600hz, for 599$. Colors are BEAUTIFUL, dark and vivid. Excellent TV. It's from Panasonic, the TC version.

2a6mvdl.jpg

Oh by the way, that picture doesn't do as much justice as it looks in person.

We have the Samsung 55" LED 240hz 8000 series, 3D TV ... we also have the Samsung 3D Blu-ray player. All I can say is, we loved the TV so much, we went and got a Samsung 40" LED 240hz for the bedroom. :thumbs:

iamwithstupid.gif We got the 55" 120 hz LED for the living room, and I liked it so much, I bought a 46 for my room. Also, the other reason I bought it over plasma is the plasmas run really hot, I put my hand up to one in the store, and it was very hot, but the LED was cool to the touch. I just wonder how the power consumption compares.

I have the 55 inch 6900 series LED from samsung. I love that tv. never once had any blurr judder issues at all. I keep all that motion control stuff turned off and its amazing. On a side not, dont let them talk you into calibrating the tv for you. go on line to tweat tv or a forum like and and look up calibration settings for your tv. While I was at it a baught a 6500 bluray. They work percetly together as long as I dont let the bluray link to the tv and change the settings on the picture. If I do that it looks to soap oprah'ish if ya know what I mean.

Try these settings for starts and adjust to suit your taste. should make things look more natural. These are for a similar model tv and should be close

Picture Modes

Picture Mode : Movie

Color Temperature : Warm 2

Aspect Ratio : 16:9

Picture Settings

Backlight : 9

Contrast : 95

Brightness : 42

Sharpness : 0

Color : 46

Tint : G50/R50

Eco Solution : Off

Advanced Settings

Blacktone : Off

Dynamic Contrast : Off

Shadow Detail : 0

Gamma : +2

Expert Pattern : Off

RGB Only : Off

Color Space : Native

White Balance : Factory Default

10p White Balance : Off

Fleshtone : 0

Edge Enhancement : Off

xvYCC : Off

LED Motion Plus : On

Picture Options

Color Tone : Warm 2

Size : 16:9

Digital Noise Filter : Auto

MPEG Noise Filter : Off

HDMI Black Level : Low

Film Mode : Auto 1

Auto Motion Plus : Off

Badkarma my model number is un55d6300sfxza samsung LED I got it off the back of the tv. It's not the same tv as the link I posted will these settings still work on my tv? I tried looking up what to calibrate it too but couldn't find anything. I tried looking on tweak tv but I couldn't find anything.

Yeah, start with those. You may like it a little brigher on the backlight or what not, but those are a good place to start. From the store most settings make things look to fake

sent from my evo using the jedi mind trick

Yeah, start with those. You may like it a little brigher on the backlight or what not, but those are a good place to start. From the store most settings make things look to fake

sent from my evo using the jedi mind trick

I tried those settings and it looked off like a little blurry. I set everything back to how it was and just ajusted a few setting and its looking good. Its still too bright for me kinda bothers my eyes. Im gonna try and turn down the brightness down a lil more but the picture is looking good for now. The pics are for cars the blueray lol only blueray I have. (came with my ps3) I took the pics with my Iphone

post-11481-063346200 1306705514_thumb.jpg

post-11481-071200000 1306705526_thumb.jpg

post-11481-034154100 1306705539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ruben525 (see edit history)