Anyone installed a remote start security system ye

j4nash

I just bought a Viper 791xv

2-way security and remote start system

And I also bought the two other parts that I will need to install the kit to make it work on a 2003 Chevy SS

These are the

456g – gm truck interface / interfaces the with the factory security system

555L – GM Passlock remote start interface

I got the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5, almost identical to the Viper 791xv, and I love it. One thing to keep in mind is that the parts have a limmited lifetime warrenty and if a Viper qualified installer does'nt put the kit in you void the warrenty. Mine installed and out the door was $507.

Here is a pic of my remote

tx-remote.jpg

I just bought a Viper 791xv

2-way security and remote start system

And I also bought the two other parts that I will need to install the kit to make it work on a 2003 Chevy SS

These are the

456g – gm truck interface / interfaces the with the factory security system

555L – GM Passlock remote start interface

I just got the Viper 791xv installed last week. I love it. I can remote start the truck from my office when the truck is at least 4 blocks away. Im really happy with the alarm side of it to. Its tripped once already when my neighbor came over with her friends to look at it late one night. It scared the pee outta those drunk girls.

You made a great choice. I think you will like it. Make sure you get it installed by an authorized Viper dealer. If you dont then you will void it warranty.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Well if your gonna do the job yourself at least let me arm you with a tech sheet on your truck you can pm me the info and i'll fax it to you i own a retail store any help i can give id be glad to lend a hand i have the Clifford Matrix 3.5 in my truck and love it

On my last truck I had a viper remote star security system installed at circuit city and the guys that were doing the installs didn’t look like professionals to me some of them were just shop kids. I just figure that they have to have a good set of instructions because the guys that work there are not professionals. Not to mention they charged me out the a@@ to have it installed.

I have experience installing many things in vehicles so I just figured that I could install this remote star security system if I had some good directions.

Call me a paranoid control freak BUT: I'm a little skittish about having a dealer install an alarm; years ago I surprised/confronted an installer in my driveway trying to steal the head unit out of my car two nights after he put it in...

j4nash: did you get your Viper in??

Mr. P. :)

maybe i sould get it installed by an authorized Viper dealer. that way i will not void the warranty.

Install it your self it's easier than you think,just don't make it look like spaghetti under your dash.You should not have to pay to get a wiring chart for your truck either. I would never pay 300.00$ just for installation of an alarm :lol:

PS. I'am a back yard installer of car alarms,and stereos. :cheers:

maybe i sould get it installed by an authorized Viper dealer. that way i will not void the warranty.

Install it your self it's easier than you think,just don't make it look like spaghetti under your dash.You should not have to pay to get a wiring chart for your truck either. I would never pay 300.00$ just for installation of an alarm :lol:

PS. I'am a back yard installer of car alarms,and stereos. :cheers:

I dont understand your point. What happens if your alarm goes south or if the responder doesnt start the truck? Its your alarm. Now you need to call DEI (Viper) and they are going to tell you to take it back to the dealer who installed it and they will work with them to get it/parts replaced and labor to fix it.

But doing it under your backyard tree voids this warranty. Now your SOL.

This is the reason I paid to have an authorized Viper dealer install mine. People are different. Me I actually like the fact that if anything goes wrong on it I dont have to rip it out or troubleshoot the electrical system for a couple of hours. I just take it back to the installer and they fix it all up nice and neat again.

Installing the Viper 970xv takes professionals 3-4 hours. That is just the basic alarm. This isnt including the wiring for the heated seats/windows and tilt sensors. Your most likely looking at 6 hrs of work.

Archived