Anyone installed a remote start security system ye

j4nash

maybe i sould get it installed by an authorized Viper dealer. that way i will not void the warranty.

Install it your self it's easier than you think,just don't make it look like spaghetti under your dash.You should not have to pay to get a wiring chart for your truck either. I would never pay 300.00$ just for installation of an alarm :lol:

PS. I'am a back yard installer of car alarms,and stereos. :cheers:

I dont understand your point. What happens if your alarm goes south or if the responder doesnt start the truck? Its your alarm. Now you need to call DEI (Viper) and they are going to tell you to take it back to the dealer who installed it and they will work with them to get it/parts replaced and labor to fix it.

But doing it under your backyard tree voids this warranty. Now your SOL.

This is the reason I paid to have an authorized Viper dealer install mine. People are different. Me I actually like the fact that if anything goes wrong on it I dont have to rip it out or troubleshoot the electrical system for a couple of hours. I just take it back to the installer and they fix it all up nice and neat again.

Installing the Viper 970xv takes professionals 3-4 hours. That is just the basic alarm. This isnt including the wiring for the heated seats/windows and tilt sensors. Your most likely looking at 6 hrs of work.

If my unit's go bad for what ever reason,I have my contacts ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I got the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5, almost identical to the Viper 791xv, and I love it. One thing to keep in mind is that the parts have a limmited lifetime warrenty and if a Viper qualified installer does'nt put the kit in you void the warrenty. Mine installed and out the door was $507.

Here is a pic of my remote

tx-remote.jpg

I have just had the clifford Matrix3.5 as well. I had total closure and remote start too.

Windows go up doors lock and I had him put High intensity blue LED's in the door handles looks awsome

Oh, hey, I'm glad I ran into you, Shel. You mentioned something about taking a picture of your new ride and, well, to date, nothing. With all due respect, please take a minute off from earning money and POST THAT PICTURE....and don't forget to stand in front of that monster.

As you were. Smoke 'um if you got 'um

55156.jpg

Hey guys I just got the Viper 791 xv installed.

-Two Remotes

-Remote car start

-Mercury switch on the hood and Lid

Installed $500 out the door.

Good deal or did I get screwed?

That sounds about right.

Oh, hey, I'm glad I ran into you, Shel. You mentioned something about taking a picture of your new ride and, well, to date, nothing. With all due respect, please take a minute off from earning money and POST THAT PICTURE....and don't forget to stand in front of that monster.

Waitin' for a sunny day. This ain't Arizona, my friend. :D

Archived