03 How Good Are They

I am new to the board and just found a 03 Red SS with 51,000 miles on it and want to know if this truck has known problems, and would the truck make a good daily driver. How do they do in the snow?

Rusty

Has problems with steering shaft, if it hasn't already been replaced, but it is a cheap fix. Trans has problems when you start pushing a lot of power. Good daily driver? I'm going to say no. Is it reliable? HELL YES! Does it suck gas? HELL YES! Would I own two if I had a chance? HELL YES!

If gas isn't an issue, then it's a great daily driver.

I would say that 15900 is a very fair price for it if it only has 51K on the clock. make sure that it is a true SS by checking the VIN # the 9 digit should be a N. These trucks are very reliable even when mildly modded. i owned mine for over three years drove it everyday and on many 2000+ mile non-stop road trips and never once had a problem and it never let me down!! You asked if they are good in snow the answer is yes very. anyother question just ask.

mine is a 05 2wd but I have no complaints

I have driven mine from Tacoma, WA to Nashville, TN 5 times and have had no problems the SSS pulls right on through

That's weird. I drive through my grass all the time. The road is about six foot above my yard and sometimes I drive up the hill if I don't feel like moving vehicles around and it never leave marks.