Xr275Hr Comp Cam... Head Recomendations?

2004 awd ss K&N Cai, Corsa sport, Wheatley tune.

Up next is obx lt's, shift kit, and trans cooler.

Then??? lol. I am looking into a good N/A setup. i really like the xr275hr comp cam and would like a good set of heads to go with it. Or should i find some good heads and then look at a cam. Also i am a rookie under the hood. what else will i need to complete this project? im assuming injectors, pushrods and springs. but will i have to beef up the lower end or get forged pistons. Kinda short on money if that helps the recommendations

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks guys.

2004 awd ss K&N Cai, Corsa sport, Wheatley tune.

Up next is obx lt's, shift kit, and trans cooler.

Then??? lol. I am looking into a good N/A setup. i really like the xr275hr comp cam and would like a good set of heads to go with it. Or should i find some good heads and then look at a cam. Also i am a rookie under the hood. what else will i need to complete this project? im assuming injectors, pushrods and springs. but will i have to beef up the lower end or get forged pistons. Kinda short on money if that helps the recommendations

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks guys.

The cam you are interested in does not require a head change, and should give you a nice jump in power over stock with stock heads and intake. As you already mentioned, all you need is pushrods, valve springs, fuel injectors, gaskets/fluids, etc. to complete the swap. I will suggest that you add servos and alluminum accumulator pistons to your list of transmission upgrades.......

The cam you are interested in does not require a head change, and should give you a nice jump in power over stock with stock heads and intake. As you already mentioned, all you need is pushrods, valve springs, fuel injectors, gaskets/fluids, etc. to complete the swap. I will suggest that you add servos and alluminum accumulator pistons to your list of transmission upgrades.......

Agreed. I ran this cam for a short period of time before I swapped it out for one to match my blower. You'll see nice gains with just that cam and a few supporting mods.

That cam will work great by itself. The pistons and stuff you won't need to change. Valve springs you will and pushrods you will need to change depending on how stiff of a spring you go with. You can do that cam with just a set of LS6 springs and with those you won't need to change the pushrods. The difference in pre-load on the lifters won't be an issue at all. If you do heads with that camshaft assuming you have enough in the budget for it you will see even more gain. I'd look for a set of ported 243's if you can find them cheap enough. Not that a set of TFS 225's wouldn't be the best option, but they can be pricey. A small cam with better flowing heads is way more fun than a bigger cam and stock heads. You'll get the power of the big cam, but with the drivability desired for the street. As a future mod I'd look into a converter and headers (1 7/8" if you can swing them).