Anyone Hear Of 2001 Ss Intimidator Prototype

grmanneys

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Motors sold this one at barret jackson back in '09. it was sold with a certificate of distruction.

barretjackson009.jpg

barretjackson010.jpg

Is this Kurt's truck? The guy who helped build the SS prototype...

Sounds about as real as santa clause to me. The dude obviously built it himself or possibly the dealer but even then it is a conversion truck and NOT a factory package. Still does sound like a damn good deal to me for that price.

If you want a real intimidator ss pm gumbo....

Could that be causing problems (wear & tear) on the motor. Like I said, it seemed extra sluggish. It reved high and sounded good but it felt like a clutch slipping steadily and then shifting gears was like it had a tourque converter. Crazy

Yeah it's a C3/Denali AWD; to bind-up like that suggests either front axle and/or transfer case issues. If you have to have someone rebuild the front axle that's $1400-1600; I have no idea what the refurbish labor/parts are to do the transfer case. You might be able to tell him you'll give $9000-9500 for it, since it needs major repair and have it fixed. But I would not blame you for letting it go either. From what you share, yes I agree with you the drivetrain of the truck as well as bed and cab are most certainly original to the truck.

Mr. P. :)

Is this Kurt's truck? The guy who helped build the SS prototype...

Keep in mind that the early Silverado SS prototype's started life as GMC Sierra's. They were available with the 6.0-AWD before the Silverado's so that's what W2W used.

Kurts red turbo SSS (not the concept truck) is actually a GMC.

Edited by ImpoSStor SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

In 2001 the Denali came with Quadrasteer - the "C3/Denali" didn't. :thumbs: If you want to make sure, look in the glovebox at the RPO codes sticker and see if the quadrasteer option is listed there, but I doubt it will be. The quadrasteer trucks also had a massive 40-amp wiring harness running to the rear of the truck too, to operate the electricals of the system, you would expect to find evidence of that as well but my guess is the truck never came with it.

I would argue down the price, it's obviously a bastard truck meaning you are at the mercy of whoever did all the work - you may find after buying it that it has electrical gremlins or rattles or ??? Make sure you test drive it well.

Mr. P.

In 2001 there was only the C3, 6.0, AWD 3.73 gears. 2002 it was changed to Denali, 4.10's and quadrasteer was added.