Questions About Shipping Wheels And Tires?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to ship a set of wheels and tires to my brother. If my scale is correct my 22" reps with 305/40-22 nitto 420s weight 90lbs each (seems high to me?) UPS and Fedex both are quoting around $300 shipping them as 4 seperate peices. Would it be cheaper to throw them on a pallet and ship as freight? I dont have DHL in my area and they are to heavy to ship USPS I believe. Whats you guys experience with shipping wheels and tires? Thanks Gary

Maybe take a weekend off and each drive half-way?

Party a little, catch up on old times, whatever.... and make the exchange that way.

I like your way of thinking!!

Greyhound is the cheapest. You just bubble wrap them and take them to a Greyhound stop. When a Bus stops in heading the direction the wheels will they'll load them up and they'll go to the closest Greyhound stop near your destination. Not sure how you set it up but I've read many ppl using that method and it's pretty cheap.

Call Greyhound most likely to find out more.

Greyhound is the cheapest. You just bubble wrap them and take them to a Greyhound stop. When a Bus stops in heading the direction the wheels will they'll load them up and they'll go to the closest Greyhound stop near your destination. Not sure how you set it up but I've read many ppl using that method and it's pretty cheap.

Call Greyhound most likely to find out more.

THIS!!!!!!!

last set i shipped i did through fed ex cost about 220

:withstupid: I shipped a set of rims from Long Island to Indiana roughly 2 years ago Fed Ex Ground w/delivery confirmation, cost about $250.......