Pics From 2011 Ss Nats Rainout

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next year I will trailer the little s-10 up that way for some fun. I hope it turns out 10% as nice as Brians polished obssesion... Infact that should be that trucks name... "Polished Obesseion"

Im just curious, should he spell it like that? Spelling police:dupe: :dupe:

you gonna make it next year Kevin?

I really would like to for sure. There are several mid-west guys I need to shake hands with and share a cold one with. I added up the cost of the trip and time away from work / family and just could nto swing it. If I could trailer my truck there, take a full week off of work and bring the family, then yes I am in.

Honestly, I was going to fly there, rent a vette from Hertz (with my free points!), slap a basic Nitrous kit to her / tune it and have a good time at the track. :coold:

Don't count me out for next year on that front...

Brian does have one of the cleanest engine bays. Looks supa tittayzz :pimp:

Def some nice rides there and a good turnout. Hopefully Steve can take more great pics next year....with my truck included :fingersx: I'd like to be there to see the world's first 10 sec pink SS :jester:

...Honestly, I was going to fly there, rent a vette from Hertz (with my free points!), slap a basic Nitrous kit to her / tune it and have a good time at the track. :coold: ...

LOL well you'd have taken the rental car shootout for sure! Our lone entry couldn't even muster a one-wheeled burnout! :shakehead: On wet pavement! :banghead:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

That looked like a great time and some beautiful rides. I might have to venture out that way next year for this.

Bad thing was it was rained out for the track, but the good thing is that you could see Brians engine bay without sunglasses on. Let me guess.... Everyone was standing around for the unveil, and it was a moment that went into silence... Then a few gasps to a HOLY SHIT..... WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Naahhhh - I like your truck, to my eye yours was most hardcore/real racer; your truck has a kind of 'honest integrity' to it. Next time you have a free afternoon just remove the ripped firewall pad, pressure wash the dust off, and loom a couple stray wires. :cool:

Mr. P. :)

You know Steve, thats probably the look that defines me. I saw the other trucks down there and felt way out of place, but my roots are ET based. But i'll tell you what, the guys down there had some awesome looking trucks. From the lowered look, the custom interior lights, custom interior panels, shinny motors(cough, brian, cough), custom paint....i was envious.

lmao! Yeah it does, were you going for pretty? I thought your a ET guy!:pepsicheer:

Smart ass.....

well when you are going 100mph at work, baby sitting grown people, and dealing with clients yeah you are entitled to add an E LMAO

just busting your chops!

Smart ass.....

lol, couldnt resist! It just looks worked on, not horrible.

You know Steve, thats probably the look that defines me...

Oh for sure - you're a racer at heart and I enjoy seeing that underhood. That's what I meant when I said, your truck has a very genuine sense of integrity, or honesty about itself - there's no complication underhood, it's just straight-up here to kick your ass! LOL. IMO yours is all about execution, not necessarily 'form'. I would continue on that theme, everything done so that servicing components is straightforward and quick, to assure the vehicle can be back into action "before the next round" as it were. I wouldn't change what's in your engine bay, take this as constructive criticism - I would just arrange wires, hoses, components so that everything is uncluttered and easily serviceable; if it needs to be there to make the truck run, make it so that it doesn't slow you down if you have to service something else, just some "uncluttering" to make the truck really look "purposeful" rather than an "unfinished project". I would encourage you to continue that and make it "the Racers' racer". When you are at the track and the old guys look in your engine bay and tell you 'wow, that's simple - I could work on that' I take that as a very high compliment. Everyone there customized their vehicle (you included); but even inside that group, there's a sub-group of folks/trucks that when you lift the hood they just have that barely-legal or outlaw vibe, and your truck is among those - I wouldn't change that, your truck IMO was the most 'unapologetic' one there. Even people that know nothing about cars look at your engine bay and kinda wonder, is that even street legal?! Keep it up. :thumbs:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Oh for sure - you're a racer at heart and I enjoy seeing that underhood. That's what I meant when I said, your truck has a very genuine sense of integrity, or honesty about itself - there's no complication underhood, it's just straight-up here to kick your ass! LOL. IMO yours is all about execution, not necessarily 'form'. I would continue on that theme, everything done so that servicing components is straightforward and quick, to assure the vehicle can be back into action "before the next round" as it were. I wouldn't change what's in your engine bay, take this as constructive criticism - I would just arrange wires, hoses, components so that everything is uncluttered and easily serviceable; if it needs to be there to make the truck run, make it so that it doesn't slow you down if you have to service something else, just some "uncluttering" to make the truck really look "purposeful" rather than an "unfinished project". I would encourage you to continue that and make it "the Racers' racer". When you are at the track and the old guys look in your engine bay and tell you 'wow, that's simple - I could work on that' I take that as a very high compliment. Everyone there customized their vehicle (you included); but even inside that group, there's a sub-group of folks/trucks that when you lift the hood they just have that barely-legal or outlaw vibe, and your truck is among those - I wouldn't change that, your truck IMO was the most 'unapologetic' one there. Even people that know nothing about cars look at your engine bay and kinda wonder, is that even street legal?! Keep it up. :thumbs:

You should change your screen name to Mr. Punctuation