Biggest Cam For Stock Converter

Ok guys so I already have the basic boltons and am wanting to put in a nice cam. I want a decent size cam but I plan on running the stock converter. What would be the biggest I could go with without it falling on its face. I also do tow ocassionaly and was thinking about going with a 222/224 on a 112lsa. What do you guys think?

if your serious about putting a cam in. get in touch with someone that specs cams and they can get you setup with something that will fit all your needs. they will have the experience since every build is different. Gary

I agree with you that it would be best to upgrade converters but for the time being I will just have to use the stock one until I get more money, but I do plan on going with a 2600 in the future.Also has anyone ever swapped the converter themselves? I realy do not want to spend a few hundred bucks on having a tranny shop do it.

I agree save your money and do it all at once. Dont cut corners, by putting a cam in that works good with a stock converter will be a waste of time for the most part because it wont be a very radical cam. Like Quick SSS said the best cam for a stock converter is a stock cam!