Weird Ac Issue

96vteccd5

So since we have had the wonderful heat wave in MD my AC has a mind of its own. I can start the truck, let it sit and idle and I can feel the AC fine. While I am driving around cruising at speed I can feel the AC no problem. When I give it just a little bit of gas, the AC cuts out some and then comes back as I let off the gas and drive easy. Any ideas?

So since we have had the wonderful heat wave in MD my AC has a mind of its own. I can start the truck, let it sit and idle and I can feel the AC fine. While I am driving around cruising at speed I can feel the AC no problem. When I give it just a little bit of gas, the AC cuts out some and then comes back as I let off the gas and drive easy. Any ideas?

i am sure your problem is a vacuum hose lose disconected or broken,.

i had same issue but in a diferent car, not sure were to tell you to look at due i have not goten same problem in my s-ss,. but look for a disconected or broken hose some were in engine bay, most of times this run at edges by fenders.

I am gonna guess and say that your system is low on charge? I am having a similar issue with my municipally issued '07 Turd Exploder, haven't brought it in to the municipal garage for a check yet......

I am gonna guess and say that your system is low on charge? I am having a similar issue with my municipally issued '07 Turd Exploder, haven't brought it in to the municipal garage for a check yet......

Well I bought R134a and tried to put some in but when I checked the gauge, the mofo was already in the yellow. I was like WTF!

i am sure your problem is a vacuum hose lose disconected or broken,.

i had same issue but in a diferent car, not sure were to tell you to look at due i have not goten same problem in my s-ss,. but look for a disconected or broken hose some were in engine bay, most of times this run at edges by fenders.

I will have to look into this one bro and see what I can find.

I had a similar problem in my truck. I wouldn't have A/C at idle, drive it or kick the rpm's up a few hundred and the A/C would kick on. Turned out to be the low pressure switch. Dealer I bought it from fixed it for free (after 6 trips there) but it is a cheap part anyway. I know because I almost just did it myself until the dealer decided to listen after I told them since the truck is under a month old and under their warranty, they can feel free to replace every part in the system, on their dime, if they couldn't figure it out. tongue.gif

I had a similar problem in my truck. I wouldn't have A/C at idle, drive it or kick the rpm's up a few hundred and the A/C would kick on. Turned out to be the low pressure switch. Dealer I bought it from fixed it for free (after 6 trips there) but it is a cheap part anyway. I know because I almost just did it myself until the dealer decided to listen after I told them since the truck is under a month old and under their warranty, they can feel free to replace every part in the system, on their dime, if they couldn't figure it out. tongue.gif

Low pressure switch you say? Interesting. Since the days have been cool I haven't checked but will keep that in mind.