New Guy From Omaha.. Currently In Iraq

DSSTRBD

Hello everyone.... Im a defense contractor working in Iraq.. looking to buy a SS when I get back to the States in a month or so. Is it possible to find a good quality SS for around 13-16 grand? Any known problems to look out for when buying? Which is the preferred year of SS to buy? Im looking to use this truck to tow my 95 Impala SS drag and show car. Thanks.

Hello everyone.... Im a defense contractor working in Iraq.. looking to buy a SS when I get back to the States in a month or so. Is it possible to find a good quality SS for around 13-16 grand? Any known problems to look out for when buying? Which is the preferred year of SS to buy? Im looking to use this truck to tow my 95 Impala SS drag and show car. Thanks.

2003-2004 had black, red and blue trucks all awd.

2005 had silver birch replace the arrival blue.

early 2005s are awd, later 05s are rwd.

Trannys can cause a problem along with the front diff.

Best year is according to what you would like, awd or rwd. The hood on the 05s+ have the powerdome hood, e-fans (2003-04 have belt driven ones) and a 145 alternator.

Looks like you would want an 05 awd with the 145 alternator and E-fans.

I have alot of family in Nebraska, hope to make it out their someday.

Welcome to the site, I am currently stationed in Korea and am a mechanic for the Army,

The SSS did not come with the 4L80e tranny it has the 4l65E or 60e cant remember right off top of my head and I should know this

My ss is a 2005 2WD and I have over 105k on I was stationed at FT. Lewis,WA and have made many trips back home to TN with it so they are all hwy miles but she still runs strong