Quick Question - Exhaust

NoLimit

I have been doing some searching and looking for Headers and a catback system. Around $1000 is where I would like to be if possible. Less would be nice but would like a nice system. I have found 2 that make both headers and exhaust. JBA is one of them and Gibson is the other. Anyone know which would be the better set up? Louder? Performance? Right now I am pretty much stock 2004 SS 6.0L. I am also getting the K&N Intake System 77 series. If anyone else has any other add-ons I should consider dont be shy, please share! So far with all this and the interior electronics I'm considering this should all keep me busy for a while, but again I maybe missing something that would be a nice addition in the performance department so please advise if there are any ideas that arent overly expensive.

Side note. Will I get any check engine lights or anything with these two exhaust systems or anything? It seems pretty easy remove install not much hastle just time and work. Just want to be aware of the unexpected if possible. Thanks everyone!

:pepsicheer:

First off where do you live. I ask because those are shorty headers right? Thats a waste of money. Do some looking on here in the for sale section there is a guy selling a complete exhaust system.

Looking into pacesetter headers or obx they are around 200-400 dollars.

Also Flowcrappers are junk. You will hate the drone that it will produce. Im running Dynomax X flow and love it. Alot of guys run Corsa or magnaflow.

I would get your truck tuned either Wheatley or Blackbear and they can turn off your rear o2 sensors.

Deff use the search button on here though, this question gets asked daily. Good luck and Hide your wallet you WILL go bankrupt on here !!!!! lol

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

I live in North Texas. I seen the a set of OBX headers on ebay just wasnt sure about them. I did like the price though I think they were $450.00 seemed like a good price. This would just be my first time doing an exhaust and everything is why i asked for some tips and such. Im dealing with quite a bit of money or a lot to me anyways so I want to be 110% sure I am getting what I want good products for reasonable prices. Thanks for the help I will keep looking.

Buy a set of pacesetter coated long tubes or LPP stainless long tubes and I have the rest of the stuff you'll need to make a bad ass exhaust system. Where at in north Texas are you? I'm in the Wylie/Plano area. Shoot me a text if you're interested 90391893eightzero

Alright so at this point as far as performance add ons go and with what I am learning and finding out looks like I will be going with OBX LT's and Magnaflow Exhaust system. I am interested in what you have zachm89. I will actually be going right through your area next weekend to go pick my daughter up from her grandma's. PLEASE pm me and fill me in on what you have and what you need for it. I dont know why but I cant pm you and at this time cant call. Maybe you may have what i need or something that will work for now IDK. I am also getting the 77 series K&N system. While I am here and I will search too, lol, are the pulley's worth adding onto the engine? Is there anything else I should be looking for thats not going to cost me another $1000+? I really need to do some searching on tuning and stuff. No clue about that never did it I think from what I have seen so far it makes sense and all but still dont even know where to start exactly with that. Thanks guys so far time to do some mroe research!

After somesearching still not sure. As far as the tuning goes. Is this just recomended but not neaded exactly? I am getting everything I have listed so far as far as bolt ons and didnt consider a tune in the mix. (mind you im still learning here, lol) I have found 3 I can do myself Hypertech, Diablo, and Superchips. Some seem better then others I do think a better choice is going with someone on here that fully knows what they are doing but I do think having my own programmer tuner is the better option for if I add anything else or change anything else I can make the adjustments myself quick and easy. Most importantly though for now since I am about to drop so much money and here is another $300+ I will need to spend is this something I must get right now and is worth getting now and everything I am doing without it is almost a waste without it or am I safe to pass for a few months till I can get it? I have looked around for these answers with not much luck. Its easy for someone to come on here and say you shouldnt do that you may wanna try this and be done vs searching for days like I will continue to do until someone shares some info. :thumbs:

Edited by NoLimit (see edit history)

As far as tune get a custom one. BlackBear, Zippy or Wheatley. A tune from Black Bear was 250. I had the diablo and it was a waste of money. A custom tune is the way to go. Also if you have a lab top you can easily have a new tune sent to you with the cable that one of the tuners will provide.

Im not just saying do this or do that but EVERYONE on here will tell you spend the money on a custom tune. A hand held tuner is not worth it!!!!

Pullies save your money.

If I was you I would get the cold air intake and throw a muffler on it. And then when you have the $$$$ throw on headers and add a tune. I will tell you this though I waited till I had a 100K on my SS and the tune was a world of difference.

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)