Tvs 2300 With A Twist, Dyno # Inside

As Some of you may know, I have been pushing the limits of my TVS2300 LSX427. 1/4 mile times, chassis dyno numbers, and real world driving. Kids Still love it! Btw

The bus has been sitting for the most part recently, Due to time restraints and such.

A friend of mine recently had his LS2 dyno'd at a local performance shop and asked if i would be willing to provide my TVS2300 Supercharger along side His TVS2300 for some friendly comparasions.

I said HELL Yes!

We arrived early and ready for some fun! His LS2 already had a TVS2300 installed, ready to ROCK! And Mine on the bench waiting the call.

This Is what we Started with.

Darton sleeved LS2 7.0 with an overdrivin TVS2300, 80# rated injectors and a 3.2 front pulley.

we set up a safe tune and made some pulls.

The best one came in @ 703.8 hp 5000 rpm and 763.1 tq @ 4700 rpm.

Max boost was 12 psi

Chart:

img318-1.jpg

Then I got the call, We removed the blower as an assembly and installed mine. Same TVS2300 But with a Twist MY 1" PHENOLIC SPACER. Same Size injectors 80#, same cog drive, and same pulley 3.2

We Were at the end of the day and the operator was running out of patience So we hammered it out like a nascar pit crew! Like 20 minutes to swap em out!

We made a few Check pulls to look everything over checked for leaks and then we went for it!

1 Pull! Thats all we got! 749.9 hp @ 6000rpm and 771 tq @ 4600 rpm

Max Boost was also 12 psi

It's Not the Peak #'s that get My attention, its whats in the middle that got me!

Chart:

img317-1.jpg

This was as close to an "apples to apples" test we could come up with.

Same tune,same gas,same motor (lol) Same Superchargers Just one with some added plenum volume.

Here Is the graph for the last pull still working on getting the graph for the other pull.

img315.jpg

We Learned ALOT at the end of that day! I learned how lucky I am that my combo seems to be paying off, but the one tested unfortunatly fell well short of its expectations.

that However could be a whole new thread!

Enjoy!:)

thanks guy's! But it's not my set-up. it's My blower on a friends engine, He too has a S/C 7.0 just not what he was expecting. Mine Is a whole new ball game, I hit those numbers to the wheels in my sig, this was a flywheel dyno. ALOT of people have been pressuring me to do a dyno comparo of my spacer theory for a long time, A friend put me in a position i could not refuse.

I have other things in mind for my set up

Krambo knows! All together now can we say 1000rwhp!

Hey Ray, good to see you posting!

I was under the impression the spacer only lifter the blower up giving it the abilty to cool more and get less heat soak from the rest of the motor, but you said plenum volume. So the spacer gives more plenum area but still maintains the same amount of air it can put in right, 2.3? If it does gain hp off the cooling and plenum area, can you explain why it makes more hp off the larger area but still putting in the same amount of air, kind of like a carb spacer i imagine?

By the way, i have to call you and order the 4 rotors for the z06 upgrade, what times are good to call?

...I was under the impression the spacer only lifter the blower up giving it the abilty to cool more and get less heat soak from the rest of the motor, but you said plenum volume. So the spacer gives more plenum area but still maintains the same amount of air it can put in right, 2.3? If it does gain hp off the cooling and plenum area, can you explain why it makes more hp off the larger area but still putting in the same amount of air, kind of like a carb spacer i imagine?...

There's more going on here than just dropping IATs - look at the recorded SCFM, and AFR, better yet plot them and compare; Ray's housing is definitely taking in more air from 3800-RPM onwards, and I am betting keeping it cooler too. Awesome result! :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)