Need New Rotors And Pads

chris B

I need new rotors and pads my R1 concept rotors are pitting and cracking around drill holes . only about 17k miles and around 2-1/2 yrs old. this sucks... I am looking for something better quality and only slotted . if anyone has good recomandations let me no . part #'s would be great so i don't get the wrong ones . thanks chris

Jeff I don't have the cash after all the work i just did on the truck. plus the Z06 calipers wont fit the winter rims ..

I put some 3GD EBC Sport on about 25k ago, seem to be holding up well. These are the dimpled/slotted rotors from EBC and look about as good now as when I installed them.

I have been leaning toward ebc i will have to contact them so i can get the rite part #'s..... thanks chris

My father said that NAPA just came out with a new line of rotors. Im running there drilled and slotted ones and like them a lot. He said the new ones aren't as expensive as the ones Im running now. Some thing to think of. Also for pads I run the thermo techs. No squeeks or brake dust.

NEVER USE drilled rotors for these trucks im sorry.

For street use the slotted have more surface area and ive had many peoples cracked even baers and ssbc.

get slotted and no probs and ive been using r1concepts on customers silverado ss for over 5 years now with no issues at all. I always use slotted

My R1 concept are pieces of shit 2 1/2 yrs and only 17k and there pitting and just rough shape ...

NEVER USE drilled rotors for these trucks im sorry.

For street use the slotted have more surface area and ive had many peoples cracked even baers and ssbc.

get slotted and no probs and ive been using r1concepts on customers silverado ss for over 5 years now with no issues at all. I always use slotted

Ill be honest just looking at those rotors on the website they look like they are going to fall apart. Im staying stock (05+ front conversion) and just doing upgrades I have no need for a BBK (Motul fluid, stainless lines, looking into this Hydroboost system) :chevrolet:

Those NAPA brakes are good, my brother had a pair on his z-71 and they lasted 4 years, not slotted or drilled though. And they saw every type of weather and driving condition.

• 4 weeks later...

I like anything by Napa.The price is reasonable for the quality.I went to get my drilled and slotted rotors there but they only had the radio wave style slotted.I ended up getting them somewhere else.I'm in Canada.I did use Napa calipers.

I just had my EBC usr rotors installed the other day and they stop much better than R1 concept rotors. and i don't think i would ever use drill rotors again unless they are high end parts....

• 2 weeks later...