Wheel Well Refurbishment

I am curious as to what any of you fellow SSS'ers have done to refurbish your wheel wells. Particularly the rear ones. The paint on mine has eroded away from the years of water and rocks and such that they look terrible now. I was considering having my rear wheel wells Rhino Lined and was wondering what anyone else has done or thought of doing....

Edited by BlackUtSSS (see edit history)

I am curious as to what any of you fellow SSS'ers have dont to refurbish your wheel wells. Particularly the rear ones. The paint on mine has eroded away from the years of water and rocks and such that they look terrible now. I was considering having my rear wheel wells Rhino Lined and was wondering what anyone else has done or thought of doing....

Dont coat with that Lining....IF you ever have to disasemble the rear for any reason you will fight like hell with that stuff. Best thing to do is to sand it down, prime it and repaint it.

:withstupid: My neighbor with a gmc sierra pro sport camper package added that por-15 and his wheel wells looked solid. Used his truck year round, and used mine only during summers but his wheel wells looked better.

I am planning on using Bill Hirsch Miracle paint. It is a moisture cured paint, and is rock hard like powder coat when dry. It is like POR-15 or their like products, but you don't have to use multiple paints.

When I pull my bed off to put the new fuel system in, i'm going to do the frame, rear end, and the rear wheel wells. Then when I put the other motor in, i'm going to do the engine bay and cab area along with the front suspension.

Here is a link to it.

http://www.hirschauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MIR-QUART