Fuel Filter

Zack95945

I have a 05 ss awd. And I was wondering were is the fuel filter. I really hope it's not in the gas tank. Can anybody help

Dude I have a 05 Awd SS as well and I was wondering the same thing! Looks like we got some work looming over our heads on this one. :banghead:

unless youre changing out fuel pumps and going to a higher flow fuel system for other mods, leave it alone. they started putting them in the tank in 04 and theres not really a point to get in there and change it unless you need a new fuel pump. just my .02

Talked to a dealer last week about this very same subject regarding my 2004. He tells me 2003 was the last year they used an inline fuel filter. There's a "lifetime" filter in the tank. Really? This defies all common sense to me. But what the hell, Volant now has a 150K air filter for their CAI box, so I guess anything is possible. I'm sure if there was a part the dealer could have sold me, they would have.

Talked to a dealer last week about this very same subject regarding my 2004. He tells me 2003 was the last year they used an inline fuel filter. There's a "lifetime" filter in the tank. Really? This defies all common sense to me. But what the hell, Volant now has a 150K air filter for their CAI box, so I guess anything is possible. I'm sure if there was a part the dealer could have sold me, they would have.

The fuel systems were changed in 2004 to a returnless system that did not require an in-line filter......'04+ have a large "sock" filter on the bottom of the pump which does not require any maintenance.....

What filter has the 150k?

The Volant Nanofiber Powercore filter is for 100k, but I wouldn't push it past 2 years.

You 04-06 SS guys arent missing much, except a $20-25 filter and labor charges!

• 2 years later...

The fuel systems were changed in 2004 to a returnless system that did not require an in-line filter......'04+ have a large "sock" filter on the bottom of the pump which does not require any maintenance.....

true..

but there is some in line filters for the 04 flex fuel but not for the SS