17 Yr Old With An Sss.... :D/:'(

Sorry to hear that things did not work out like you hoped.

...now i have to wake up every morning and be jealous i asked why and the only reason is because there suburban does not have A/C and the SS does...

Drama. Let this specific truck go. In life there are some things that are worth fighting over, and other things that aren't - my personal judgement is that it's stupid to be fighting over a truck; I love my SSS but fact is that GM made thousands of them and most don't have salvage titles. Now if your uncle had actually told you and the rest of your family that he wanted you to have the truck or left it to you in a will, that would be another issue entirely.

Again my opinion/values - but I would say that you will get far more out of the tools than the truck; not only practicality, but sentimentally too because those were literally in the creative hands of your uncle. And depending on the amount & brand of tools, they may even outvalue his truck because any SSS with a salvage title is only worth 1/2 to 2/3rds it's 'normal' value, at best I would only give $9-10 grand for it.

I really am sorry for your situation, but you do have to face facts - the truck wasn't "yours", and you can't afford to buy it at the moment. I would not hope to buy it from your parents, because first they have to buy it out of probate and even if they do that, by the time that you are in a position to where you could buy it from your parents it is likely they will have just driven it into the ground and it will be a used-up truck with a salvage title.

Take the tools - you can use them, and you will treasure them. Get your own SSS with your own earnings - when you have paid for it with your own work/money you will treasure it too and in memory of your uncle you will care for yours like he cared for his.

My 2-cents.

Again, very sorry for your loss.

Mr. P.