17 Yr Old With An Sss.... :D/:'(

(post-22915-063213100 1309417558_thumb.jpg

post-22915-099396700 1309417938_thumb.jpg

post-22915-019408600 1309418040_thumb.jpg

post-22915-021919800 1309418061_thumb.jpg

in short i am seventeen that maybe getting a SSS put the reason is because my uncle died)

so i put down that i was a fan because i do not have the truck yet but here is the story so my uncle mark was a huge car enthusiast and sense he has never been married and does have kids he liked to spend money on the things he loved which was his mom and his cars now he had a 58 impala that is just flawless and he had a 72 Chevelle SS (my dream muscle car) with a bored out 454 and a huge cam...etc a street legal car that would not be fun to drive on the street but more terrifying but he was not getting oil pressure so he never started it but luckily a great deal landed in his lap a salvaged 2005 Silverado SS Black(my dream truck except for the salvaged part) that (got nailed in the back) use to be a show truck it use to be loaded with tvs and speakers and he could trade the chevelle for it and he would also get 8 grand well that 8 grand went away pretty quickly seeing he had to fix all the problems with which included the interior because when it got salvaged they took all of the tvs and speakers out so there was holes in the headrest and head liner and also you know the big issue the back but well fixing it he decided he wouldn't have it be stock but customize it the end result was amazing i was a little mad he sold the chevelle but the SSS was much more practical but on june 25 at 7pm'ish my family got a call from my other uncle mike and we all thought it was about the upcoming family reunion/camping thing that we were gonna do tomorrow and uncle mark was gonna show up in his SS and go fishing eat and maybe even spend the night now this was a big deal because well mark was a big dude had to weigh atleast 450 so my mom answers the phone and instantly says is tony there and she says yes and hands the phone to my dad and says tony mark just passed away....he was 57 had many problems with himself you know the weight and smoking he did but also his leg was infected with something were when he would take a step it would leave puddles and well what happened when he laid down was the fluid would go away from his feet and they would not hurt as much but it was hard for him to breathe because well all the fluid would run up to his upper body still it was an unexpected death so we called the family even the ones out of state told them and well the camping trip was canceled and filled with funeral planning the funeral and cleaning oh and sisters(they are twins) b-day well when we all done with the planning and funeral it was cleaning time so it was forced upon me that i get all of his die cast models and all of his tools seeing that i will hopefully becoming auto technician in the future i did not argue with these decisions but all i really cared about was (i know this is bad but its the truth) the SSS and what its future was and if it included me well they also decided that if probate does not take the truck to pay of any debt he does have that i will most likely get it so i will say bye bye to my little 97 sonoma with the v6 and manual transmission and hello to an awesome SSS that i wish i did not have this young because it was to early but i will have the coolest vehicle at school now and now my friends wont be able make fun of my truck

i miss you uncle mark R.I.P. <3

the attached photos were taken a year ago almost to date at our family reunion/camping thing)

Edited by koopatroopa (see edit history)

Welcome to the forum :pepsicheer:

Sorry to hear about your Uncle

That would be neet if you get the truck, If you do just remember how lucky you are, and make sure you treat that truck with respect

How did you know what I was thinking :yellow_loser:

Welcome man :cheers:

I hope you get the truck bro, I have somewhat a similar story, I got my SS because of my grandfather passing and I promised to take care of his wife until the end. Best thing I have ever done in my for two reasons, taking care of them was a privelage to the end, and the truck now is my main memory/sentimental piece I have to remember them both :happysad::chevrolet:

nice lookin truck, sorry about your uncle tho.....

my buddy got a brand new black ss intimidator for his 16th b day present. to say the least he got all the damn girls in school so have fun with the baddest truck in your parking lot :pepsicheer:

Sorry about your uncle. Good luck with the ss. I got mine right before I turned 19. Rolled my last pick up heading to town to pick u paint. Had just finished all the body work and primer. Needless to say I blew a tire and hydroplaned off into a ditch. Picked up the intimidator 2 weeks later haven't let go off it since.

well guys with further digging we have figured out that my uncle has some debt and we also found out that he owns a company that was called MWM construction (mark william mckinnon) and some trucking company the reason we think this is because the guy he worked for kinda has a rap sheet and is known well in MN construction for being a crook once all the vehicles were under my uncles name ...hopefully still will be because that would pay off alot.... but my parents sat me down and explained to me that it will be very unlikely that i will get the truck the next day my mom and dad kept on asking me questions about it finally i asked why and they said they may buy it...now i was mad because now i have to wake up every morning and be jealous i asked why and the only reason is because there suburban does not have A/C and the SS does but i have thought about it for awhile and figured out the SS would be pointless for my family because we camp atleast three times a summer and the SS got a bumber delete and roll pan also sense we have a home business we ship many boxes and well a suburban can hold much more boxes compared to the SS because of the hard bed cover ... but my 18th bday is coming up so :D hopefully i will be getting an awesome b day present (doubt it) but hey ill get it.... later.....lets hope not sooner then i thought like my uncle (RIP) but idk i guess we will see how it all goes down but ya if my dad does get i am just gonna say i own it so i can join the forum and put photos up and ask questions but my parents came home with all of his model cars which i wanted and also the plan is i will be getting all of his tools because i will be going into the technician field hopefully but after i serve for the forces

how much do you think they will say the truck will cost remeber it does have a salvage title

Positive thoughts bro, positive thoughts. It will be yours. And if not that one another one will be in your future.

Edit - The miles and the year should give a good idea on how much its worth, also have to subtract the salvage title but not sure how they do that. This is just a guess though....:chevrolet:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Positive thoughts bro, positive thoughts. It will be yours. And if not that one another one will be in your future.

Edit - The miles and the year should give a good idea on how much its worth, also have to subtract the salvage title but not sure how they do that. This is just a guess though....:chevrolet:

oh that isnt that good of news it only has like 15,000 on it so i see the price going up idk atleats it will be at the house and i am pretty sure they will let me take it out some times :D maybe if we ever can get a meet in minnesota ill come but that has never happened has it i have heard we have tried but never got it going