Finally In The 12'S, My Stall Is My New Best Friend!

ls2silvy

Well got my pro yank 3600 installed saturday, never had a stall before so it took some getting use to on the street lol. I can pretty much build what ever i want for boost now though, love it! Went to the track last night for test and tune and finally got some 12's out of her! This was done a 7lbs with no meth injection (not finished installing the kit yet lol), 3 gallons of 104 on top of a 1/4 tank of 91 and was launching on 5lbs in 4hi, felt incredible! :burnout:

1st run: 5lb launch, 7psi run (ran a stock maxima)

2011-06-30105549.jpg

2nd run: 5lb launch, 7psi run (can't remember what i ran)

2011-06-30105610.jpg

3rd run: 5lb launch, 7psi run (ran a brand new c6 zo6 with happy tags and his wife as a passanger lol) pulled him 2 truck lengths the whole way!

2011-06-30105622.jpg

Edited by turbo370clone (see edit history)

I was also iceing down my water/air intercooler in the stageing lanes right before every run. Gonna crank it to 10lbs and get the meth/water injection all finished up and see if i can get it in the 11's next week!

congrats nice jobs. its aways nice seeing guys get the numbers there looking for. but it never ends. im the same way first time to the track with the ss i went 13.5 and i was happy with that for awhile. then the next year i wanted 12s. rans a 12.53 and i told myself id be happy with that. now this year im wanting some 11s. whats your over all goal time wise with the truck? looks like it moves pretty good for only 7lbs. looks like that vette was starting to come on strong on the back stretch. again nice job those are great numbers for such low boost :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I want a 10 second pass at some point, if i can run times like that on all factory off the shelf engine parts then i should be able to get some 10.9s or somthing out of my forged 370 that is almost done lol. That vette would have caught me on the highway thats for sure lol! I was waiting the whole time for him to fly past me too lol.

Im having problems even getting more than 7lbs out of it?? coiuld be:

-floating valves due to the stock ls6 springs im still using lol

-blow off valve coming open under boost, need to try to add some spring shims or block it off to check

-wastegate issue of some sort

-boost leak somewhere

not to sure will have to do some checking!

Im having problems even getting more than 7lbs out of it?? coiuld be:

-floating valves due to the stock ls6 springs im still using lol

-blow off valve coming open under boost, need to try to add some spring shims or block it off to check

-wastegate issue of some sort

-boost leak somewhere

not to sure will have to do some checking!

Add a boost controller. Thats what I added to my friends front mount T76mm turbo truck. Went from a fluctuating 7.5-8 PSI to solid 10.5 PSI.

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)