Raspy Exhaust

Just a quick question. I'm sure I already know the answer but want to get some feedback. I had the headers installed and deleted the cats and now how have the raspy clapping noise in the exhaust. I have a di/do magnaflow on it now with no x pipe. I was thinking of just taking it off and putting on 2 magnaflows and true dual it. From what I've read and been told that will do away with the raspy sound and the annoying clapping noise. My exhaust guy says that if I do that it will not help it and I need to downsize from the 18" to the 24" and that will fix the problem. Just curious to know what y'all think.

Thanks

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SCH-83030/?rtype=10

I have a slight rasp to mine, and was going to try these out. Put one on each pipe before muffler. They are cheap, but you can spend a little more and get a bullet style muffler and put it before the muffler too.

• 1 month later...
Guest jasonhensley22

So high flo cats really do make a difference with noise? I'm gonna put some Dynatech LT's on mine but don't want it much louder than my Corsa I have on there now...?

Guest jasonhensley22

Hmmm, i'm always going back and forth between putting them on or not. What I may do is Dynatech LT's, Magnaflow high flo cats, 3" Y pipe and my Corsa system

Guest jasonhensley22

Geez that was loud! I had my ears to the speakers to listen for the rasp and when you got on it I jumped lol. I wish I could quiet it down a bit more.

So high flo cats really do make a difference with noise? I'm gonna put some Dynatech LT's on mine but don't want it much louder than my Corsa I have on there now...?

If you dont want it much louder, your not going to want LTs. Stick with your stock manifolds. Unless you add a bunch of resonators. You need to sell that Corsa Sport and get a Corsa Touring. Also the Dynatech Supermaxx are a waste if your spending that amount of coin on LTs, go with the ARH headers. The 3" collectors are much better than the Dynatech Supermaxx 2.5" collectors. Or are you going with OBX Dynatechs?

This will be what your setup is if your going Dynatech Supermaxx, balls out in my opinion but a cop magnet where I live.

edit - Higher/more flow = more noise.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

sry to thread jack but has anyone had experience or a sound clip of the 22 inch magnaflow dual in\out ........my truck is so loud with the new cam and im scared to drive it i dont wanna pull up next to a cop and just lump and chop right next to him ive already had 2 people ask me "how do u pass inspection" so a cop will know for sure lol .....any help or suggestions? also ive already blown out some hiflow cats so that's not really an option anymore

Guest jasonhensley22

If you dont want it much louder, your not going to want LTs. Stick with your stock manifolds. Unless you add a bunch of resonators. You need to sell that Corsa Sport and get a Corsa Touring. Also the Dynatech Supermaxx are a waste if your spending that amount of coin on LTs, go with the ARH headers. The 3" collectors are much better than the Dynatech Supermaxx 2.5" collectors. Or are you going with OBX Dynatechs?

This will be what your setup is if your going Dynatech Supermaxx, balls out in my opinion but a cop magnet where I live.

edit - Higher/more flow = more noise.

I didn't know the Dynatech collectors are only 2.5", i'm going to look into the ARH's then... thanks for the advice!