i have a new one in my shop with paddle shift for my SS has to be wired with its own controller

good lawd. Please show this when it is done. I want a z06 with paddle shifts but if it can be done in an SS......:pepsicheer::chevrolet:

i have a new one in my shop with paddle shift for my SS has to be wired with its own controller

so is that the same six speed tranny on the escalades n denalis??? is a direct swap on to your ss?? any knnowledge you can share would be appreciated

so is that the same six speed tranny on the escalades n denalis??? is a direct swap on to your ss?? any knnowledge you can share would be appreciated

nope this is the TCI 4l80 with mods for 6 gears, you need to first convert your truck to a 4l80

That trans is some $$

I was just reading about it a few days ago. Your going to have to switch out the steering wheel though aren't you?

not sure yet on that part as i was looking to mod the control to work with the Grant airbag wheel

not sure yet on that part as i was looking to mod the control to work with the Grant airbag wheel

why would you have to change out the steering wheel?? so this tranny is a 4l80e 4 speed upgraded to 6 speed im not sure if i understood correctly

being that this is a 4l80e does it bolt right up to our silvy engines

Edited by 2drchevyss (see edit history)

Can our pcm's operate with a 6spd auto?

By themselves no. The 6L series trans use a TCM to control the transmission. They do use the PCM for contact information like RPM, timing etc to adjust shifting. The TCI unit has a stand alone controller to control the trans

why would you have to change out the steering wheel?? so this tranny is a 4l80e 4 speed upgraded to 6 speed im not sure if i understood correctly

being that this is a 4l80e does it bolt right up to our silvy engines

They don't make a paddle shift for stock steering wheels. Yes the trans is a 4L80E with two extra gears. And it will bolt up but with some modifications just like the 80e conversion.

By themselves no. The 6L series trans use a TCM to control the transmission. They do use the PCM for contact information like RPM, timing etc to adjust shifting. The TCI unit has a stand alone controller to control the trans

They don't make a paddle shift for stock steering wheels. Yes the trans is a 4L80E with two extra gears. And it will bolt up but with some modifications just like the 80e conversion.

is there a floor shifter that you can use instead of paddle shifters?