Richmond 6 Speed Conversion

Around 5500lbs, correct me if I am wrong anyone. The truck is too heavy to be manual. Like stated its already been done and the member changed it back to auto.

Then someone explain the srt10... I know its a reg cab so it is lighter but its also got two more cylinders and is a 6 speed manual

Then someone explain the srt10... I know its a reg cab so it is lighter but its also got two more cylinders and is a 6 speed manual

its been done and failed. the problem here is not power its the weight. if you want to give it a whirl and see what happens go ahead and maybe you will find a way to make it hold up

They also have transmission problems if you start to mod the 6spd in the Srt-10 Ram. Its another reason they made the QC's auto.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't understand why your sayin the truck is too heavy? there are 2500 4x4 6.0s out there with nv4500 transmissions...

that is a completely different animal with different clutch set up. Its like saying why doesn't the 4l60e hold when the 4l80e takes any beating you trow at it.

so whats keeping the nv4500 from goin in a ss? im curious...ive thought about building the same setup

that is a work transmission not a performance one. but you can try it and tell us how it shifts. BTW, on that trans 1st gear tops out at around 15mph if that,

I seen one person swap in a ZF 6 speed from the newer dmax/8.1l trucks into a 1/2 ton, and due to the nature of ZF trans, it shifted great and fast, however, the gearing was not favorable for performance and it required a 2" body lift to fit under the trans tunnel. This user used his 6speed for offroading and crawling.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)