Good Sounding Muffler

stevet8754

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im sold on corsa but they wont just sell the muffler. they want to sell the whole system for $1000 im not doubting them but its a little much.

any place where i can just get the muffler?. duel in duel out..

corsa, billy boat, or magnaflow... all 3 sound great, i run billy boat.

Holy moly, someone is indeed running a B&B system besides the other member I know of......You have any sound clips? I have been waiting since 08 to here it idle, revved and whatever else you may provide for sound. And whats your opinion on the drone? Thank you sir.

im sold on corsa but they wont just sell the muffler. they want to sell the whole system for $1000 im not doubting them but its a little much.

any place where i can just get the muffler?. duel in duel out..

I think corsa and billy boat are the only companies that do not sell just mufflers.

Everyone else just does mufflers with option to buy the whole system. The stock pipes on the SS are great. Just have to find the correct sizes, and how long you want the muffler to be, I believe Magnaflow has an 18inch and 22inch lengths. Seems youd be good with a Magnaflow or Borla Xr-1. Borla is GMPP.

Hey can I buy a duel in and single out muffler from magnaflow or someplace and just take out the y that's on the output or the muffler and just have the place weld the output of the single output of the muffler to the stock tip. I don't know if the duel output is needed in the muffler... or if it would cause any problems with backpressure. Any info would help.

Thx

http://www.silverado...__1#entry779197

There's a video of my billy boat with a set of obx headers, as requested. I love the setup and there is little to no drone on the highway, but she barks pretty good when you have your foot in it. Its alittle more money, but you really do get what you pay for.

You should talk to the exhaust shop that's going to do the work to see if they can do what you want and remember the search button, there are tons of sound clips floating around and try u-tube.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Look up spintech I have them on mine and is sounds nasty . U can take the Y pipes off a 2500 chevy there 3 inch and fix right in our trucks so I got dual 3 inch in and dual 3 inch out muffler was 135 $

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed Dynatech headers, Dynatech cats (Supermaxx system) and a Magnaflow dual 2.5" in dual 3" out into the 4" tail pipe. The system sounds good on the street but a tad too loud on the highway. I'm thinking about adding a crossover pipe to quiet down a few db's

I have a Hooker aerochamber bought out of jegs, dual in dual out with oval tips, muffler was was a hundred and some dollars and the pipe work was about 100 tips off ebay cost 80 for both, Sounds great get compliments everywhere I go.